EBay madness

Marcyg

13 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

And the Clapham junction scene in @Hroth's post. Also a speeding Castle IIRC.

And a very smoky Kitmaster 9F, N7 over the pit and the silhouette of the crane on girder replacement! :read:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I particularly recall one of a Trix Standard 5MT ascending a bank over a girder bridge, with very effective smoke and steam effect as a backdrop.  Inside was a shot of a HD 8F banking the train, which had an LMS brake van.  Another featured a telephoto shot of a Western overtaking a 37 on a 4-track main line with a steelworks backdrop, very suggestive of the SWML betwen Port Talbot and Margam.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Modern kit built O Gauge Class 73

Were the screws included in the kit to solder onto the roof to make the horns?  Also it would have been better to remove the protective plastic sheet from the window glazing before fitting it.

A bargain at almost £400 plus postage.

Cheers

Darius

How bizzare. The mind boggles with this one!

• Agree 4

33 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Were the screws included in the kit to solder onto the roof to make the horns?  Also it would have been better to remove the protective plastic sheet from the window glazing before fitting it.

Cheers

Darius

Maybe the "modern kit" came from IKEA?

That would possibly explain the pozidriv screws...

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

When he says it is "modern kit built", did he buy the kit in the 60's and build it last week? 

The front doesn't look right to me, also I think the bogie pivot points are set too far back. The cab roofs don't appear to have the right profile. Though I stand to be corrected.

(I think as I'm getting older, I'm becoming a rivet counter!) :(

Edited by PieGuyRob
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

When he says it is "modern kit built", did he buy the kit in the 60's and build it last week? 

The front doesn't look right to me, also I think the bogie pivot points are set too far back. The cab roofs don't appear to have the right profile. Though I stand to be corrected.

(I think as I'm getting older, I'm becoming a rivet counter!) :(

You don’t need to be a rivet counter to see this looks far from like a Class 73.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/164221-gaugemaster-collection-o-scale-class-73-the-royal-alex-in-pullman-livery/

I think the problem with the roof, is they never rolled it?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Darius43 said:

You don’t need to be a rivet counter to see this looks far from like a Class 73.

Cheers

Darius

I do like the description

3 rail DC EMU driving car

Sounds like the vendor is confusing its function with a Brighton Belle EMU.

I must admit, at first glance the initial photo looks like a woeful attempt at a simple card body plonked on a coach chassis.The wood-screw horns reinforced the impression...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I do like the description

Sounds like the vendor is confusing its function with a Brighton Belle EMU.

I must admit, at first glance the initial photo looks like a woeful attempt at a simple card body plonked on a coach chassis.The wood-screw horns reinforced the impression...

All for the princely sum of £399.00 of your hard earned! :D

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Blame America. It ranks alongside their "all you can eat buffet" phrase - "all you care to enjoy".

WTF? 

I went to a “Golden Corral” all you can eat buffet place in the USA about 20 years ago - what an experience!!! It was nice to have control of a Mr Softee ice cream machine for the first (and so far only) time in my life though.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/03/2022 at 00:01, The Johnster said:

I particularly recall one of a Trix Standard 5MT ascending a bank over a girder bridge, with very effective smoke and steam effect as a backdrop.  Inside was a shot of a HD 8F banking the train, which had an LMS brake van.  Another featured a telephoto shot of a Western overtaking a 37 on a 4-track main line with a steelworks backdrop, very suggestive of the SWML betwen Port Talbot and Margam.

All the covers ( albeit low res) can be found here at the magazine exchange starting in 1964

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Darius43 said:

I went to a “Golden Corral” all you can eat buffet place in the USA about 20 years ago - what an experience!!! It was nice to have control of a Mr Softee ice cream machine for the first (and so far only) time in my life though.

Cheers

Darius

I went to a Ponderosa once and that was an experience. Nearly got a shower included.

Was sitting at my table and a couple of drips of water landed on me. I looked up and could see the ceiling tile was rapidly bulging. Never moved so fast. Missed it coming down and soaking me by under a second. They gave me a voucher for 50% off next time. There hasn't been a next time!

• Like 2
  • Funny 2