EBay madness

Marcyg

15 hours ago, County of Yorkshire said:

YOU ARE BUYING  A "HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE" WRENN UN-BOXED MODEL No W2217 LNER  CLASS N2  0-6-2T  TANK LOCO'  FINISHED AS LNER VERSION No.9522  IN APPLE GREEN LIVERY. IN ORIGINAL NEAR MINT CONDITION 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WRENN-MODEL-No-W221-7-LNER-CLASS-N2-0-6-2T-No-9522-TANK-LOCO-LOT-62/402760630667?epid=675908944&hash=item5dc667818b:g:Sc4AAOSwwk5gWQKj

:-)

CoY

It does say it is mint condition “Fox’s glacier mints” maybe?

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
On 19/03/2021 at 15:28, Enterprisingwestern said:

image.png.da87a1dc4863a276e16960c84c9a35ed.png

He could do with a visit from these gentlemen.

Mike.

15 hours ago, County of Yorkshire said:

YOU ARE BUYING  A "HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE" WRENN UN-BOXED MODEL No W2217 LNER  CLASS N2  0-6-2T  TANK LOCO'  FINISHED AS LNER VERSION No.9522  IN APPLE GREEN LIVERY. IN ORIGINAL NEAR MINT CONDITION 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WRENN-MODEL-No-W221-7-LNER-CLASS-N2-0-6-2T-No-9522-TANK-LOCO-LOT-62/402760630667?epid=675908944&hash=item5dc667818b:g:Sc4AAOSwwk5gWQKj

:-)

CoY

15 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

My mates are going to be busy!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

4 hours ago, kevinlms said:

But the fundamental weakness hasn't changed. The rear axle assembly was very heavy, which reduced the payload significantly.

The standard container and rail flats/road unit is far better.

That's true in one sense, but it isn't economically viable to install the infrastructure for the transhipment of containers at stations other than the existing hubs, which is why so much is carried by road. 

Carrying the rail axle by road is a definite flaw, a better solution would have been interchangeable road or rail bogies, which could be automated and installed at major stations. 

However it is done, the railways won't make a profit and our roads will be crowded and polluted until they can win back the lion's share of long distance freight.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

No, I am NOT buying.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, kevinlms said:

But the fundamental weakness hasn't changed. The rear axle assembly was very heavy, which reduced the payload significantly.

The standard container and rail flats/road unit is far better.

3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That's true in one sense, but it isn't economically viable to install the infrastructure for the transhipment of containers at stations other than the existing hubs, which is why so much is carried by road. 

Carrying the rail axle by road is a definite flaw, a better solution would have been interchangeable road or rail bogies, which could be automated and installed at major stations. 

However it is done, the railways won't make a profit and our roads will be crowded and polluted until they can win back the lion's share of long distance freight.

The idea came from the US, but there they continued with the idea using special bogies fitted with a fifth wheel and a pin that fitted beneath the rear of the road trailer. The system is still in use today.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

The idea came from the US, but there they continued with the idea using special bogies fitted with a fifth wheel and a pin that fitted beneath the rear of the road trailer. The system is still in use today.

So as with so many things, we do a half assed trial and never really stretch the idea?

Mind you, at that time, government and private investors fingers were elbow deep in motorway pies.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

So as with so many things, we do a half assed trial and never really stretch the idea?

Mind you, at that time, government and private investors fingers were elbow deep in motorway pies.

I think there may have been problems with the loading gauge in the UK, we needed special contoured trailers when we experimented with piggy back trailers.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I think there may have been problems with the loading gauge in the UK, we needed special contoured trailers when we experimented with piggy back trailers.

If they hadn't closed the Great Central they would have fitted, and still gone past DIRFT

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

And seven...

Meanwhile in the over optimistic starting price category...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huge-Hornby-Job-Lot-Railway-Scale-00-Gauge-Trains-Scenary-Track-Railway-HOe/174704029813?hash=item28ad2bf075:g:jtUAAOSwn6hgW7S1

No photos of the contents of the boxes, especially that kit doesn't help and padded out with worthless diecast too.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

Just now, John M Upton said:

And seven...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huge-Hornby-Job-Lot-Railway-Scale-00-Gauge-Trains-Scenary-Track-Railway-HOe/174704029813?hash=item28ad2bf075:g:jtUAAOSwn6hgW7S1

No photos of the contents of the boxes, especially that kit doesn't help and padded out with worthless diecast too.

Yey! 

• Funny 3

10 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

And seven...

"Fella I once knew in El Paso, one day he took all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus. I asked him the same question, why? He said it seemed to be a good idea at the time."

• Funny 4

Nope....you’re number 8 Phil...

John declared number 7....

Hmmm...

Seems that I’m number 6!

I am not a number....;)

(I should have noticed that before....:unknw_mini:)

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
More added
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 2

9 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Hmmm...

Seems that I’m number 6!

I am not a number....;)

That would make our very own Ruffnut the 'Patrick McGoohan' of rmweb!? :triniti:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Hmmm...

Seems that I’m number 6!

I am not a number....;)

That big white blobby ball?

It's behind you!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2