EBay madness

Marcyg

On 16/07/2020 at 16:48, Metr0Land said:

Funnily enough the same item sold for £11.57 recently.  Maybe the buyer got cold feet?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jouef-Class-40-D210-Empress-of-Britain-Spares-or-repair-HO-gauge/313136490745?hash=item48e863a8f9:g:GJ0AAOSwHGBfAKGb

Even had an offer off them for this piece of garbage!:huh:

Needless to say it was rejected......oh what could I have said??

1 hour ago, 73c said:

Wasn't there another one of those just sold for £1,134. 

Yes that was mine, paid and posted. However, the trailers I was also selling are not paid for and it seems they won't be as the winner is the notorious sobe4612, serial non-payer.

• Friendly/supportive 5

3 minutes ago, TimCC6558 said:

Yes that was mine, paid and posted. However, the trailers I was also selling are not paid for and it seems they won't be as the winner is the notorious sobe4612, serial non-payer.

Never mind Tim, his time will come!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 009 micro modeller said:

The £3.70 postage on that is just adding insult to injury. I know it’s not the seller’s fault it’s gone up to that price but still...

It's not insulting but very reasonable postage. As you say it's not the sellers fault the bidding is so high, so why criticise?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Just now, Colin_McLeod said:

It's not insulting but very reasonable postage. As you say it's not the sellers fault the bidding is so high, so why criticise?

It was supposed to be a slightly flippant comment. The point being that somebody might end up buying it for that much, and then still pay postage on top of that.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, MartinWales said:

Isn't that about the price of a real, full sized one.........:blink:?

It might be, but I would have a problem getting to operate successfully on my layout. :jester:

Edited by J. S. Bach
To correct a spelling error.
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Thank you - that's rather a relief.  Perhaps the seller is also a reader here.....    :mellowclear:

Julian

Had me worried too, was beginning to think

i needed to go to Specsavers !

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, MartinWales said:
  15 hours ago, irishmail said:

Anyone want a  Bachmann underground train?   Only £5,100.00   21 bids with three days still to go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-Bachmann-London-Underground-S-stock-4-car-train-pack-LTM-35-990/124259720189?hash=item1cee74dbfd:g:-IoAAOSw2SNfDYPo

could this  bargain be the real  scam ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/London-Underground-Bachmann-35-990-S-Stock-4-car-train-pack/164297562067?hash=item2640e5d7d3:g:C94AAOSwZRNfFJ5v

Edited by Peter Eaton
edit !
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/07/2020 at 17:26, irishmail said:

Anyone want a  Bachmann underground train?   Only £5,100.00   21 bids with three days still to go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-Bachmann-London-Underground-S-stock-4-car-train-pack-LTM-35-990/124259720189?hash=item1cee74dbfd:g:-IoAAOSw2SNfDYPo

At that price, you don't need many buyers to chip in and make your own tooling.

I’m suspicious of this listing and if everything legit or just error, but I cant imagine anyone paying that much for that unit.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

At that price, you don't need many buyers to chip in and make your own tooling.

I’m suspicious of this listing and if everything legit or just error, but I cant imagine anyone paying that much for that unit.

The top bidder is believed to be the same serial non payer highlighted on the adjacent thread in this section.  Also there seems to be some sort of connection between said non payer's account and the seller's which means it stinks to high heaven.

Also been reported said high bidder has not paid for some middle cars of the same type that ended a few days ago.

This one is going nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Have noticed that on the Classic car section of Ebay, where the same cars are listed twice, with odd 'come and get me' prices ie a reasonably low starting bid, but for an odd figure every time, say £741 or £1108! Always with two stock photos, the second being the true price or a Buy it Now figure, and similar details and instructions to upload the correct vehicle details.

Sometimes in the UK, sometimes in France or Italy? Strange.....<_< 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

:blink:HOW MUCH????

more like, how long is the link!! 

my own bit of eBay madness last night, well more of an annoyance, saw a Bachmann army VGA wagon I fancied on the south Devon railway ebay shop that with the picksmallbiz code would have took £5.50 off it to £22, clicked on buy it now and for whatever reason the transaction went through without giving me the chance to put the code in so I ended up paying full whack for it, also forgot to go through TopCashback which would have been another 27p off, at least all the money goes to the railway! 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold