EBay madness

Marcyg

Not really madness, but this type of advert with the pic of a finished model I find very annoying.  It is especially so with this one where the photo (pinched from here or another site?) is not of the kit being sold!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Ratio-714-LMS-ex-Midland-Suburban-All-3rd-Brake-Coach-Plastic-Kit-00-Gauge-T48/1743861835?iid=301937586894&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D55677%26meid%3De21e8227c3ae4702a55cce1af48974c7%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D283353668253%26itm%3D301937586894&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

The ratio kit does not build into a Motor Train driving trailer (push pull coach).

It looks like a Larry Goddard coach to me!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Hmm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=AIRFIX+MODEL+No.+AUTO+COACH+VN+MIB&_sacat=0

I wouldn't normally agree with an Airfix autocoach being described as "hard to find", but maybe they've got a point with this rare version?

If you paws fur a while, the correct picture may appear.

Wow, some keen bidding going on here. I was in the game up to the 40 quid mark but threw in my cards at that point.

post-34294-0-77131200-1548614486_thumb.png

EDIT: Ouch. The 6-wheel brake went for £158 and the 4-wheel sundries van for £93.

Edited by Martin S-C

D & S kits always fetch big money. That reminds me I must finish the ones I've got stashed away.

Cartmel's autocoach is likely to remain "HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE & HARD TO FIND" at that price! (Felix is not going to help it to sell either.)

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

Wow, some keen bidding going on here. I was in the game up to the 40 quid mark but threw in my cards at that point.

attachicon.gifImage34.png

EDIT: Ouch. The 6-wheel brake went for £158 and the 4-wheel sundries van for £93.

Have to admit the £63.77 was me - I've been toying with the idea of pickup up a decent ready made one to give me an idea of what they are supposed to look like, and I had a 10% voucher. Unsurprisingly it went for way more than that so bought another B17 McGowan for £36 instead - a lot more than the last one but at least it has the right tender for me this time (and there are two more up for £80+).

• Like 1

I was checking out eBay to see whether there were any reasonably priced island platform extension pieces (there weren't) and I came upon this gem for US$48 plus US$25 postage:

s-l1600.jpg

Old Vintage Die Cast Hornby Dublo Station from England 1950 Very Rare

On platform has one cabin also. Its rare and unique, and must for trains stations collectors.

Probably the commonest Dublo accessory from the three rail era.  The only thing rare and unique about it is the condition.  I have never seen one as bad as this......

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Old-Vintage-Die-Cast-Hornby-Dublo-Station-from-England-1950-Very-Rare/253181396378?hash=item3af2c9859a:g:zmoAAMXQR-dRFGPj

• Funny 1

I was checking out eBay to see whether there were any reasonably priced island platform extension pieces (there weren't) and I came upon this gem for US$48 plus US$25 postage:

s-l1600.jpg

Probably the commonest Dublo accessory from the three rail era.  The only thing rare and unique about it is the condition.  I have never seen one as bad as this......

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Old-Vintage-Die-Cast-Hornby-Dublo-Station-from-England-1950-Very-Rare/253181396378?hash=item3af2c9859a:g:zmoAAMXQR-dRFGPj

Not at that price,  :O  but removal of the building makes the 'rare' extension*. HD figures can cover the holes.

*Usually more expensive than the island platform with the building!  :scratchhead:

This one looks like it had a close encounter with someone's foot while laid out on the floor. (Someone large and heavy!)

Edited by Il Grifone

16 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Another “alleged” kit built loco - LMS 10000 in O Gauge:-

LMS 10000

Looks more scratch built to me.  Interesting chain drive mechanism though.

Cheers

Darius

Meccano chain drive by the look of it. Iit's not the best ever model of 10000, but someone bought it!

On 03/02/2019 at 20:30, Talltim said:

I keep getting that item on eBay ads on others sites now :(

They seem to think, just because you looked at an item once, that you will be interested in it for evermore.  Annoying!

Edited by Il Grifone

20 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

Estimated delivery 14-15Feb - will it still be plump then I wonder?

You missed the very worn socks for £5....Bargain!!!!......LOL....how funny.....they seem to be genuine seller too

B

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I keep getting a mail from ebay with "Reduced by £3.29, something you have looked at:"

"Silvine A4 Narrow Feint and Margin Refill Pad"

No ebay I haven't ever looked at that! (well I have now because I wondered what it was that I had supposedly looked at!)

2 hours ago, melmerby said:

I keep getting a mail from ebay with "Reduced by £3.29, something you have looked at:"

"Silvine A4 Narrow Feint and Margin Refill Pad"

No ebay I haven't ever looked at that! (well I have now because I wondered what it was that I had supposedly looked at!)

I've started getting a lot of that too and  Amazon do it as well, I make a point of never buying from anywhere that's been suggested to me, but I guess some people do or it wouldn't be worth them doing it. It annoys me, I think we should be able to opt out of all this data collection.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

It annoys me, I think we should be able to opt out of all this data collection.

You can, simply disallow 'cookies' for chosen website.  Use with care though as by doing so it will also disable other more useful tools such as remembering username/password at login and previous shopping cart details etc.

3 hours ago, YesTor said:

You can, simply disallow 'cookies' for chosen website.  

Yes I do that on some sites and run crapcleaner regularly to get rid of all the junk, but it makes little difference to sites like Ebay, Amazon, Google etc, if you have an account they save what you've been looking at 

• Like 2

I think it needs another coat of paint dear, I can still see the rivet-thingies...

WILLS KIT BUILT OO GAUGE GWR 0-6-0 PANNIER TANK LOCOMOTIVE 5757

Looks like he has picked up a job lot of kit-built GWR stock. Lots of them... amazingly, you'd think whoever built that many would have started to develop some skills. Alas, no... I think a house brush was used to paint it.