EBay madness

Marcyg

Or perhaps putting a good pre-war coupling on a post war tender that someone dug up in their garden?

It looks like a pre-war bogie with the fixing for the loop coupling rather than the post-war Peco type, but dug up in the garden is certainly feasible. :)

There are less Yellow (Connie) and Red (Polly) loco's than Blue (Nellies) because the blue was manufactured for a couple of years before the other 2 and was also used in sets.

But no way is any of then worth best part of £100.

I'm pretty sure the c1986 catalogue I remember from my youth showed red Polly as the loco in the basic Pick Up Goods starter set. I don't actually remember any other colours of 0-4-0 being illustrated so I was quite surprised when I discovered the existence of yellow and blue versions.

I'm pretty sure the c1986 catalogue I remember from my youth showed red Polly as the loco in the basic Pick Up Goods starter set. I don't actually remember any other colours of 0-4-0 being illustrated so I was quite surprised when I discovered the existence of yellow and blue versions.

'Nellie' was the first version. Apart from 'Connie' and 'Polly', there are various other versions I believe.

Recenly I picked up a green version* named 'Percy' in a charity shop. It has a plastic push along chassis and lacks holes for the buffers and fixing screw but sits happily on a spare 'Nellie' chassis I have. There was also a yellow version of the 'Primary series' open wagon to go with it.

One of these (top row).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/202339243167?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3Db9600d0f7ba0425b926f019e7546c094%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D13%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D263753461757%26itm%3D202339243167

* Of doubtful provenance, but is either original or made from a direct copy mould.

Edited by Il Grifone

I liked the "No chain" !  :)  and the rest of the blurb.  :jester:

I thought cows only came in 'female' however.  :scratchhead:

Since they are not included, I would have thought it better to have removed the track and rolling stock before taking the photo.

Edited by Il Grifone

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-39-229-BR-MK1-CHOCOLATE-CREAM-BRAKE-COMPOSITE-COACH-W21067-MIB-nj/361887700294?epid=24012068006&hash=item5442301546:g:hkYAAOSw4DJYhkEa

Blatantly lying, how can this be 'Brand New'?

It's years since Bachmann packaged things in those boxes; then I saw the seller ID.......

• RMweb Gold

AFAIK Nellies are blue, Connies are yellow and Pollys red. There are some mix ups in colour and number which makes them rare - 'worth' perhaps £15 rather than £10!*

* Usual Grifone exaggeration, but not a lot more....

The very early "Connies" were blue as well....but the number was different from the original Nellie (can't remember whic was meant  to be which now!).

As the nameplates are self-adhesive labels, it was very easy for them to get stuck on th e"wrong" numbered blaue body.

Possibly why the red (Polly) and Yellow (Connie) versons were introduced?

Also, Primary Series Black with BR logo.....and the LNER Green "27", S&D type, Phone number red, etec....

• RMweb Premium

The very early "Connies" were blue as well....but the number was different from the original Nellie (can't remember whic was meant  to be which now!).

As the nameplates are self-adhesive labels, it was very easy for them to get stuck on th e"wrong" numbered blaue body.

Possibly why the red (Polly) and Yellow (Connie) versons were introduced?

Also, Primary Series Black with BR logo.....and the LNER Green "27", S&D type, Phone number red, etec....

Replacement 'nameplates' are available which makes it even more of a minefield....

• RMweb Premium

Didn't they used to have a section on there that was 'want it now' and you could post things that you were after and get a notification when one was listed.

They did Dan and I tried it a few times but never got any notifications.

It must be still going as I keep getting notifications for something that I did want but no longer require.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Premium

How not to sell an item or is it items...and collection only....? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJH-Railway-engine-Kit-unbuilt/192572278320?hash=item2cd633c630:g:5eIAAOSwrJBbJ8ea

There are actually 3 auctions, all using the same 'photos'. One for each one at 125 pounds each and another for the pair at 250 pounds.

Edited by kevinlms