EBay madness

Marcyg

There isn't anything about this listing that would constitute madness in the sense it is used in this thread and, for what it is, the price seems reasonable enough - but they do have a colourful way of describing the condition of their stock:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-0-6-0-Terrier-Locomotive-Heavy-Tri-ang-Hornby/183219701971?hash=item2aa8bec8d3:g:T8gAAOSw3upa34ZD

Perfectly normal for a Tri-ang 0-6-0 chassis.  :)

Good! I thought, you can fit a Hornby J52 body on a Tri-ang chassis, but then I realised it's whitemetal body kit (Wills I think) so designed to fit. :{

Interesting, but too much hassle to sort her out. Life is short....

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 2

Perfectly normal for a Tri-ang 0-6-0 chassis.  :)

Good! I thought, you can fit a Hornby J52 body on a Tri-ang chassis, but then I realised it's whitemetal body kit (Wills I think) so designed to fit. :{

Interesting, but too much hassle to sort her out. Life is short....

For what it's worth, the body is a Bec kit. Hattons have a picture of a well built version on their second hand section, or at least Google found one!

• RMweb Gold

Our regular suspects never cease to amaze!

Mike.

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-Castle-Class-Loco-Rare-Kingswear-Castle-in-need-of-renovation/132620029123?hash=item1ee0c50cc3:g:LDkAAOSwV9ha919U

Hornby DUBLO Castle Class Loco ( Rare Kingswear Castle) in need of renovation.

It's actually a rather battered Bristol Castle that someone stuck etched nameplates on.  It will be interesting to see what it eventually sells for.....

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-Castle-Class-Loco-Rare-Kingswear-Castle-in-need-of-renovation/132620029123?hash=item1ee0c50cc3:g:LDkAAOSwV9ha919U

It's actually a rather battered Bristol Castle that someone stuck etched nameplates on.  It will be interesting to see what it eventually sells for.....

She's been detailed (super-detailed as they used to say and apart from the bullhead rail masquerading as coupling rods and Romford drivers) and has had a Hornby or Lima drive shoved in the tender. This should mean she will pull a house down....

• RMweb Premium

Why not, many railway operators stick vinyl on various stock. A personalised version, neatly done is OK.

Not that I would ever buy one. Just like I wouldn't ever model contemporary graffitied items.

Why not, many railway operators stick vinyl on various stock. A personalised version, neatly done is OK.

Not that I would ever buy one. Just like I wouldn't ever model contemporary graffitied items.

The 'vinyls' are OK (if you like that sort of thing), but the roof looks like Trump's hair....

(I trust that doesn't count as politics!)

The graffiti 'artists' should be made to clean it all off again!

• Like 1

The 'vinyls' are OK (if you like that sort of thing), but the roof looks like Trump's hair....

Interesting to see that a lot of the "graphics" have been copied from at least two different 1960s era Tri-ang Toys Christmas promotional leaflets... :)

Edited by Sarahagain

• RMweb Premium

The latter is a great idea, the problem being the delay in catching up with the culprits. Many operators take the victim out of service until cleaned.

She's been detailed (super-detailed as they used to say and apart from the bullhead rail masquerading as coupling rods and Romford drivers) and has had a Hornby or Lima drive shoved in the tender. This should mean she will pull a house down....

'Super-detailed' carries about as much clout as the term 'Super' Voyager though.

FFS even VT tend to put the 'super' word in quote marks.... Somebody knows

Incidentally, the one and only time I visited Olivia's Trains they had an EM2 in the display case, in full Coca-Cola livery!

I know they have form for taking the proverbial, but strewth....

Expect to see it on eBay soon, with a reserve of like £600 or summat....

Bids from spouses notwithstanding.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It must be in the days when the date had BC after it.

Standing for bl**dy cr@p

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford