EBay madness

Marcyg

I couldn't help myself. GEM LB&SCR B1 "Gladstone" built and very poorly painted, including wheels and nameplates (no motor, but I have loads of them) for £44.50!!!

Gary

You Rotter... you absolute Rotter... You've already got three and I have none!

Quick question: Why would a B1 require nameplates? Numberplates or a painted name, surely?

For a moment I thought you'd spent £800+ on an SECR E and a rake of matching coaches, which seemed rather ridiculous,

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

And on all of those it states:

"Important. Please note that this auction will be updated by Saturday 24th February at the latest."

Well, that's a deadline missed :D

I don't think the LMS ever had any of these.  It's been listed like this for over 6 months.  I wonder why it won't sell?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-RIVAROSSI-HO-MODELS-No1348-LMS4-6-0-Class-6100-ROYAL-SCOT-VN-MIB/302511841929?hash=item466f1c6289:g:DqEAAOSwZQxW5KAR

This seller is well renowned for very high prices, many times the wrong photo to the description, and often a very poor model for the description. For the last two years he has had a Tri-ang TT coach on with the description "like new, very good condition, super example" yet when you look at it there is a deep knife mark from roof towards the solebar for half its length, repainted and I am sure Tri-ang never sold it like that.  A lot of his stock does not get sold in years he still has Exleys that have been advertised for at least 6 years and never sell due to their exorbitant price.  He must have a shed full of unsold items.

• RMweb Gold

Normally I just think "Well if people really are willing to pay it......" 

But this 159 left my ghast well flabbered, and then some!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-00-Gauge-South-West-Trains-Class-159-DMU-31-514/282828689507?hash=item41d9e75063:g:iRYAAOSwiBJaHZ-8

Is it a real one?? 

:O

I think this “bargain” has been round before. Were these originally wrapped in cellophane by Bachmann?

Darius

• RMweb Gold

This seller is well renowned for very high prices, many times the wrong photo to the description, and often a very poor model for the description. For the last two years he has had a Tri-ang TT coach on with the description "like new, very good condition, super example" yet when you look at it there is a deep knife mark from roof towards the solebar for half its length, repainted and I am sure Tri-ang never sold it like that.  A lot of his stock does not get sold in years he still has Exleys that have been advertised for at least 6 years and never sell due to their exorbitant price.  He must have a shed full of unsold items.

That beats the notoriously awful cast 'Gaiety' pannier body that he had for sale for some years at £60 or thereabouts. It was only fit for the bin!

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 1

That beats the notoriously awful cast 'Gaiety' pannier body that he had for sale for some years at £60 or thereabouts. It was only fit for the bin!

I couldn't find that particular one, but he has three others.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=micmcn&hash=item466f1c6289%3Ag%3ADqEAAOSwZQxW5KAR&item=302511841929&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xgaiety+pannier.TRS0&_nkw=gaiety+pannier&_sacat=0

The second two appear to be the same item!  :scratchhead:

There's lots of other grossly overpriced stuff too....

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

I couldn't find that particular one, but he has three others.

He gave up on that one David as it disappeared a few years ago. Of course somebody could have bought it! I had one given to me which l put up so as to see what the real worth might be (if anything!). I got £2 for it but incredulously the purchaser indignantly complained that there was some small detail missing from the casting so l ended up refunding his whole £2 and his postage which left me out of pocket....ergo...it had a negative value! :jester: