EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Why would anyone want these?

No idea, probably a scam. They've already sold 20, and have an 10 to sell.

Just looked at the details.

Hmmm...

I wonder if the seller will be fined for reproducing forgery. Edited by DoubleDeckInterurban
  • Like 1

No idea, probably a scam. They've already sold 20, and have an 10 to sell.

I wonder if the seller will be fined for reproducing forgery.

They're not even forgery, they're nothing like anything used by Royal Mail. They are used by sellers in an attempt to deter unscrupulous buyers from claiming items not delivered. 

• RMweb Premium

And with lots of photos all from ..... erm.... the same angle.

The seller has another one with different vehicles at 'only' £24.

I can understand replacing the original Minix Triumph 2000s (rubbish!*), and these add useful weight to the wagon, but feel we are a tad OTT pricewise (The cars are usually 2-3 quid at toy fairs). Is it just me or is the E type out of scale with the other two?

* Originally not bad (but need painting), these are a cheap and nasty dumbed down version. 

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

Isn't interfering with the Queens mail a treasonable offence still?

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It does, but those stamps are for pre-paid postage which businesses pay in advance/in bulk (though I don't know exactly how).  However, I suspect that a seller offering "Fake" tracking labels would not take much convincing to run off a sheet of labels without you giving them your licence number...

It does, but those stamps are for pre-paid postage which businesses pay in advance/in bulk (though I don't know exactly how).  However, I suspect that a seller offering "Fake" tracking labels would not take much convincing to run off a sheet of labels without you giving them your licence number...

I thought these were simply to be stuck to a parcel so it looks as if it has been tracked preventing the recipient from making a false claim about non delivery, the actual postage would still have been paid in the normal fashion, I assume others are thinking these are to try and get away without paying for delivery which wont work as the barcodes would be wrong!

• RMweb Gold

Here’s one user name that’s absoutely spot on for all the wrong reasons...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-BR-Standard-Class-5MT-73109-BR-Lined-Black-Early-Emblem-BR1B-Tender/162724597437?hash=item25e3244ebd:g:070AAOSwc2FZ76iE

Don’t think the real ones cost that much ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

RE: TRACKED Barcode labels..

I wonder what happens when / if the postie scans the barcode?

I have a feeling that I have received something with a "fake" tracking label a while ago....I seem to remember it was meant to be a "third party" (Not RM) tracking scheme....

I wouldn't use this system....

RMs own system is quite reasonable really! ;)

(And it works.....mostly! ;) )

Edited by Sarahagain

• RMweb Premium

Here’s one user name that’s absoutely spot on for all the wrong reasons...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-BR-Standard-Class-5MT-73109-BR-Lined-Black-Early-Emblem-BR1B-Tender/162724597437?hash=item25e3244ebd:g:070AAOSwc2FZ76iE

Don’t think the real ones cost that much ?

He's nothing if not consistent ....

His Marklin diesel shunter £173.00

Same model elsewhere on ebay £66.81

He's a cheeky tw@t too, claims his Marklin is a 'huge saving'.

Edited by Neil

• RMweb Gold

Thanks I'm going to watch that, Heljan Mx/My aren't the easiest of things to find.

Its got parts missing (buffers are the most prominent), but Ive got two of these Nohabs for parts at home.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

He's nothing if not consistent ....

His Marklin diesel shunter £173.00

Same model elsewhere on ebay £66.81

He's a cheeky tw@t too, claims his Marklin is a 'huge saving'.

I thought that rather than leave the matter here I would contact the seller and see if they had anything to say. This is what I asked.

I'm intrigued about the 'huge saving' , quite how do you explain this when I can find the same model in new condition for £66.81 elsewhere on ebay? Even with postage from Germany this works out at less than half the price you're asking.

Surprisingly I had a reply.

Thank you for your enquiry at LoveOurPrices2. Prices can vary over short time depending on stock availability and exchange rates. A price cannot be guaranteed until the order has been placed.

Seems as meaningless as the 'huge saving' description but at least there was a reply of sorts. Realistically I had no hopes of an admission of excessive profiteering at the expense of the gullible. 

• RMweb Premium

I thought that rather than leave the matter here I would contact the seller and see if they had anything to say. This is what I asked.

I'm intrigued about the 'huge saving' , quite how do you explain this when I can find the same model in new condition for £66.81 elsewhere on ebay? Even with postage from Germany this works out at less than half the price you're asking.

Thank you for your enquiry at LoveOurPrices2. Prices can vary over short time depending on stock availability and exchange rates. A price cannot be guaranteed until the order has been placed.

Seems as meaningless as the 'huge saving' description but at least there was a reply of sorts. Realistically I had no hopes of an admission of excessive profiteering at the expense of the gullible. 

It looks to be a very basic model with a crude moulding for £66 letalone double that!!

Unfortunatley,

it gets worse, much worse-  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-BR-Standard-Class-5MT-73109-BR-Lined-Black-Early-Emblem-BR1B-Tender/162724597437?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49130%26meid%3Ddfabf65f3e80445fb151616037ea6b18%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D162725111712&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Edited by Gary H

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps you could have offered to sell him one, say he could have it for half the price he's advertised (50/50 split) and if you try very hard you might be able to source another bargain priced one to further increase his profit potential ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Anyone for a reproduction dinky tr2 to go with your O gauge trains??

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeAgostini-Dinky-Toys-No-111-Triumph-TR2-Sports-Car-Superb-Mint-/142640266984?nav=SEARCH

Or £2.99 from your local Tesco ( other supermarkets are available)

https://www.deagostini.com/uk/collections/dinky-toys-collection/

Edited by kernowtim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There have been examples in the past of a particular sales model when common items were placed on e-bay at really inflated prices. Apparently the vendor did not have any actual stock but if any one was gullible enough to buy at their silly price they simply went out and bought one at normal price to sell on.