EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Its Gr**t W*st*rn, so shouldn't it be green...........?

:locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

It's got the 16" G W and a non common user plate (incorrectly) so it must be twenties (I doubt any made it past this date!) and should be grey. Without checking, it should be 10 Tons, not 20. As to whether it's worth nearly £175, I would say "not".

Its Gr**t W*st*rn, so shouldn't it be green...........?

:locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

It looks green on my monitor!, but should be grey (underframe as well!).

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

Unless they've owned it from day one, how do they know it's from a smoke and pet free home?

Even if the above applies, the original shop owner could have smoked or owned a pet.

The stupidity and arrogance of some people when disseminating irrelevant facts.

Mike.

Having removed more cat hair from loco axles than a cat could possibly produce in a lifetime, I see it as relevant, especially when the motors burning out and the whole thing is underperforming as the wheels can barely turn for furr.

If the loco has been in a house as long as the cat has, the furr gets to every part of a loco you could think possible.

After an hour or so of removing tabby from the train, the loco sprang back into life.

Still it’s better than a loco turned yellow and stinking of fags.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4

Well the transfer were applied by hand, so I guess in the eyes of some that's what "hand lettered" means.

Well it is the Studebaker fancier....

He's also got a four wheeled SIPHON branded as a FRUIT D.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-G1-GAUGE-1-KIT-BUILT-GW-GWR-SIPHON-D-4-WHEEL-FRUIT-WAGON-143-NICE-ei/360857498340?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D48786%26meid%3D6fe3c64615054e6c814e98d867473b33%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D331126952505&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

I can actually agree with that! A member of my family paid a small fortune for their 'Snap On' and 'Bluepoint' tools! 'Lifetime' worldwide guarantees come at a price.

They're lovely to use. A huge cut above in quality compared to some of the stuff sold today.

• Like 1

That’s a fair price for those. Top end tools are expensive.

I can actually agree with that! A member of my family paid a small fortune for their 'Snap On' and 'Bluepoint' tools! 'Lifetime' worldwide guarantees come at a price.

They're lovely to use. A huge cut above in quality compared to some of the stuff sold today.

http://www.tooldex.com/proto-1200f-t500-torqueplust-12-point-combination-wrench-sets.html

• RMweb Gold

There is probably an "e bay madness" thread on some other website showing the "madness" of a listing of a new Hornby engine (big red one with a coal truck and named Sir William) at over £150!!!

You mean over £250...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R3555-latest-modified-Duchess-Sir-William-Stanier-weathered/122795143751?hash=item1c97293247:g:IpQAAOSwxKBaAaXJ

Sold too.

I wonder if it will reach £300 ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Probably surplus to his Studebakers' requirements.....

Unless they've owned it from day one, how do they know it's from a smoke and pet free home?

Even if the above applies, the original shop owner could have smoked or owned a pet.

The stupidity and arrogance of some people when disseminating irrelevant facts.

Mike.

Absolutely, it could have been hauled behind an 0-4-0 pug fitted with a smoke unit  :no:

I'm trying to remember how long the Roco N gauge 'Clayton Class 17' has been on ebay. I'm sure it has been on as long as me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROCO-212-KIT-BUILT-BR-CLAYTON-CLASS-17-LOCO-325-BLACKBURN-BOXED-mz/131161165811?hash=item1e89d08ff3:g:vC4AAOxycD9TQtqK

Oh, the cabs in the middle.

It must be a Clayton!

Slightly :offtopic: as it's not really madness in the sense of this topic, but this brought a smile to my face:

Loco exchange trials perhaps?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triang-Tender-R38-GWR/112630658163?hash=item1a394f7473:g:2aMAAOSwvTpZ~20j

Well, the SR locos did run over the GWR line to Plymouth from Exeter St Davids...(And the GWR to Plymouth via the SR lines...to maintain route knowledge in case of diversions!) ;)