EBay madness

Marcyg

crikey, and still a day to go!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALTAS-WORLD-OF-STOBART-VOLVO-B12T-VAN-HOOL-ASTROBEL-BUS-BOXED-WITH-CERT-/381949824627?hash=item58edfbce73:g:NPUAAOSwImRYlNtk

whereas the other stobart coach for sale has no bids or indeed watchers!

Probably Atlas would sell you one, if asked nicely. Their partworks are usually £14.99 + postage a shot. 

It's me selling that one, would get more if I could seeing how much it's up to!

The Stobart fandom is an esoteric one, and there's no telling the lengths that fans will go to in proclaiming their devotion. It's almost like trainspotting, or railway modelling.....oh wait.....hang on....

• RMweb Premium

Probably Atlas would sell you one, if asked nicely. Their partworks are usually £14.99 + postage a shot. 

But you have to sign up for the whole series, Atlas will not sell individual models. This model in particular is much sought after by model bus enthusiasts hence the high bidding.

I'm not an expert or legal eagle, Quite thick in fact, but to sell a magazine or book x amount of times is fine, but would think to take somebody else's work and convert it to something it was not originally sold as would be copyright infringement,

There is no watermarks, which would suggest a straight scan of the original, You would think the original owners would include a watermark just to say it was authorised,

Definitely worth checking out.

• RMweb Premium

Definitely illegal.

It comes under that bit in most publications where it says "may not copy............"

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

I have some of the early issues printed in the 1980s, such as 28 and 35.  These do not say they are copyright anywhere.  But later issues do (eg issue 74).  I suspect that, in the 1980s, copiers, scanners and PCs didn't exist but that's different today. So scanning a copyright magazine and selling it is definitely illegal.

• RMweb Premium

I have some of the early issues printed in the 1980s, such as 28 and 35.  These do not say they are copyright anywhere.  But later issues do (eg issue 74).  I suspect that, in the 1980s, copiers, scanners and PCs didn't exist but that's different today. So scanning a copyright magazine and selling it is definitely illegal.

Copyright is a right that is automatic, there is no need to claim it or mention it on the publication, it works the other way, for copying to be legal the right to copy has to be explicitly granted by the copyright holder.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

Attention!...... For auction!.....a rare occurrence! 

Not sure about his identifications.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SLATERS-K-039-s-KIT-BUILT-EM-GAUGE-GW-GWR-SIPHON-WAGON-1476-amp-1545-nj-/332117924762?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

P.S.  ...Looking further there are many more that he's auctioning. Perhaps it's something to do with them being in 'EM'

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I also notice that our turdy friend is getting more and more vague with his provenences of coach builders/painters. Brian Kirby seems to have elevated to the heirachy now, just search his kit built coaches, some interesting reading.

Mike.

(Not suggesting that BK doesn't deserve it BTW!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

He can't even get descriptions right in what one assumes is his area of expertise, that screen is listed as used or brand new depending on where you read, there is no hope for his model railway descriptions.

Mike.

• Like 1

crikey, and still a day to go!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALTAS-WORLD-OF-STOBART-VOLVO-B12T-VAN-HOOL-ASTROBEL-BUS-BOXED-WITH-CERT-/381949824627?hash=item58edfbce73:g:NPUAAOSwImRYlNtk

whereas the other stobart coach for sale has no bids or indeed watchers!

Looking at that page, this came up...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-76-Irizar-coach-Network-Rail-Replacement-Bus/322412226675?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D777003%26algo%3DDISCL.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160608105753%26meid%3Dd3add5cb3c2e49829b89d806ad23636e%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D381949824627

Now then....does Network Rail actually have "buses" branded like this?

A brilliant advert for rail reliability...not!

And if correct, does Stagecoach have a yard full of such branded vehicles on stand-by? :scratchhead:

He can't even get descriptions right in what one assumes is his area of expertise, that screen is listed as used or brand new depending on where you read, there is no hope for his model railway descriptions.

Quote: ".....you cannot see properly through or broken screen."

Edited by Horsetan

Looking at that page, this came up...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-76-Irizar-coach-Network-Rail-Replacement-Bus/322412226675?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D777003%26algo%3DDISCL.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160608105753%26meid%3Dd3add5cb3c2e49829b89d806ad23636e%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D381949824627

Now then....does Network Rail actually have "buses" branded like this?

A brilliant advert for rail reliability...not!

And if correct, does Stagecoach have a yard full of such branded vehicles on stand-by? :scratchhead:

I don't know about Stagecoach (i would seriously doubt it though). Around here, they are Ensign buses with 'C2C etc.' on the blinds. (As one would expect!).

Still, fake P.O. liveries have never worried the train manufacturers, so why should it worry the bus brigade?   :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium