EBay madness

Marcyg

Now this looks familiar...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272239206870?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But what is this....a reject?

For it says that it is New....but there seems to be a couple of bits missing (as ststed in the listing...)... :scratchhead:

The other listings from this seller have some interest as well.... :)

From another seller....seeing double....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-OO-GAUGE-COACHES-MAROON-IN-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION-/131798694386?hash=item1eafd079f2:g:7yUAAOSw2GlXH0YH

So there are still some of these Hatchette Coaches coming up for sale... ;)

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This must be rare, as its the first finescale Triang/Hornby Jinty chassis that I've seen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301957729320?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A pretty ancient one at that.

It does have a nylon gear though, my old one had a brass one.

The pony truck wheels look pretty gruesome as well.

Keith

If you think that's bad, do a search for Rapido's APT-E on eBay....

But some of the listings are probably dealers who are buying from the NRM to re-sell, not just buyers selling on. A nice model but why celebrate the biggest C**k up BR were responsible for??? :jester: Good luck to the sellers and caveat emptor.

Stephen

Edited by bertiedog

If you think that's bad, do a search for Rapido's APT-E on eBay....

Even the two (fictional?) trailer coaches have gone for around £450!

You gotta be kidding !

If memory serves, one of the first Jubilee 67s on eBay sold for around £425.

• RMweb Gold
On 17/05/2016 at 11:37, 'CHARD said:

Not a brit, despite the box, looks like an old Crownline conversion kit grafted to a later Hornby chassis than originally intended, much like my own effort 🙂

P1030756.JPG.aba44cf27187571fd3dfd908bbbcb192.JPG

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 2

This must be rare, as its the first finescale Triang/Hornby Jinty chassis that I've seen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301957729320?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How much?  :O :o :O  

That's grossly exaggerating even for him! The model's quite well assembled, but.... (Perhaps the odd £75?)

But some of the listings are probably dealers who are buying from the NRM to re-sell, not just buyers selling on. A nice model but why celebrate the biggest C**k up BR were responsible for??? :jester: Good luck to the sellers and caveat emptor.

Stephen

I thought the C**k up was due to political interference, rather that any fault of BR.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I thought the C**k up was due to political interference, rather that any fault of BR.

I had a personal tour of Crewe Works, back in 1980 by a friend of my late Grandmother. The place had HST power cars stored around the works in odd spots. Apparently waiting for a 2nd supplier of traction motors to get their act together and get reliably working equipment, before they could be finished. The original manufacturer could have supplied them, but the new government insisted on 'competitive suppliers'! I believe later BR went back quietly to the original supplier.

A strict condition of the tour, was no photographs!

• Like 2

What does "RARE" mean in the EBay dictionary ?

Dennis

Far as I can tell it usually means "...I think the punters are idiots so I'm going to ask way over the odds for this piece of carp, some prat will buy it..."

• Like 1

A pretty ancient one at that.

It does have a nylon gear though, my old one had a brass one.

The pony truck wheels look pretty gruesome as well.

Keith

They look suspiciously like the Dublo N2 pony wheels I've just been cleaning up.

What does "RARE" mean in the EBay dictionary ?

Dennis

A lot of the time it means...

"I haven't seen one of these before, it looks like it is old, I haven't got a clue really....so I'll say it's rare!"

Funny thing is one seller selling more than one of an item, both with "Rare" in the description! :jester:

Edited by Sarahagain