EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Wow, given he's sold damned near 260 of them already therefore grossing about .25 million quid, I better see if I can't get a supply from China and sell 'em at cut price for 500 quid apiece, I should make a killing!! :jester:  :O

Perhaps the rarity is that the numbers are in a vertical format, rather than the usual horizontal. I think I'll use mine sideways!

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/weathered-locomotive-OO-gauge-Rocket-heavily-rusted-and-weathered-/291658300632?hash=item43e8307cd8:g:gq0AAOSwHaBWlOQG

Are the public finances so dire that the Science Museum and NRM have decided to scrap the Rocket replica?

Sending the Rocket off for scrapping? That's appalling. Some one had better put in a bid from a preservation society!

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

Seen that one. It's definitely a Finney - the giveaway clue is the word "RIGHT" on the offside slide bar laminations in the cylinder.

Initially wondered if it was the one that "Metropolitan" once built on this Forum in something of a hurry some years ago, but his paint job was light years ahead of this one.

Looks rough alright, and there are a number of bits missing. Cab is damaged. Pity. Looks like builder started well, then either found the kit getting the better of him or that it wasn't handled well once completed. Poor paint job highlights rather than disguises the difficulties - I can imagine Martin himself visibly wincing in pain if you showed him this as your handiwork.

The chassis has definitely had it, though - no use if you're planning to go P4 with it, because all the P4-specific spacers and other etch parts will have been long discarded by the original builder. Bit of a waste in OO.

You can strip the paint and rescue the nameplates. That hopefully gives up a reusable resin body, but not going to be easy getting etches to repair it, as Brassmasters haven't yet been able to say when the A4 kit will reappear, i.e. end of this year, or next?

You might get some money back by flogging the wheelsets, and maybe the motor and gearbox if you already have something a bit more refined. Realistically, it's probably easier to build a new one.

The bidding will probably go mad now.

Went for £77 in the end. So maybe not so bad...but then again...?

Went for £77 in the end. So maybe not so bad...but then again...?

It'll probably be stripped for parts. You can't even begin to start rescuing or rebuilding that unless you have the spare etches......which are not available until Brassmasters are ready.

GBL strikes again! ;) What a waste of a Lowmac...Airfix GMR RTR?

And Locomotion Too....the Tri-ang TC Series flat wagon has been wasted here!

Edited by Sarahagain

GBL strikes again! ;) What a waste of a Lowmac...Airfix GMR RTR?

And Locomotion Too....the Tri-ang TC Series flat wagon has been wasted here!

Airfix I think (possibly Hornby?) The Tri-ang flat car (which is H0 scale approximately* - apart from the 00 bogies) shows how small the Locomotion model really is. Did one of these get exported to the States or Canada?

* I was going to fit mine with H0 bogies, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble, having got as far as a coat of ATSF red/brown. Superior models are available cheaply and come ready lettered.....

• Like 1

Perhaps they were photographed going through a station at speed?

Fast Lima Coaches...

Make one wonder though...

I am currently bidding on an item on German Ebay..

The item is going to go for big money.. probably silly money on account of its rarity

So far there are twelve bidders..

Most have ratings in the 1000's so they are all to a person experienced bidders.

They know the score...

So far as each bidder has joined the auction they have bid up the previous bidder by around a Euro..

At the moment the price has yet to reach the 20 mark..

Each person is tossing in their ante before the game begins

It is fast becoming like a Sergio Leone movie... or The Shoot out at the OK corral

(...As all fire at once in a grand 'snipe') 

As the tension builds, one wonders, who will be the first to break from the pack?

It's madness...

But its also fun.. It'll be worth every euro I eventually blow...

(The item has a real value of about Euro 40 - no way is this going to come to rest there.

With this kind of firepower assembling it will be somewhere well over the 200 Euro mark)

I'll keep you posted..

Some experiences are priceless - EBay - its like having your own Las Vegas -

Where you can't lose everything and  get to go home with something...

Edited by Bill
  • Like 1