EBay madness

Marcyg

Looks like our favourite classic US car enthusiast is at it again.

Plenty of other 1970s whitemetal rubbish rare and collectable n-gauge and 009 locomotives at prices near to what new and superior models would cost in his other listings at the moment,

Sainsbury's Bag For Life?

I've got an early one that used to say HATTONS MODEL RAILWAYS - a real collectors item!

Must be worth a fortune though - the only problem is that unfortunately over the years all the letters apart from those which are underlined above appear to have faded away. Will that effect it's value?

Edited by Bodmin Bob

• RMweb Premium

Erm what is a Deltic made of... hint not steel.... but two people are bidding for this weathered item...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/weathered-locomotive-OO-gauge-scrapyard-Deltic-diesel-heavily-rusted-ref-3-/291641171442?hash=item43e72b1df2:g:Q2sAAOSwhkRWeB8l#viTabs_0

I wonder if the bits of Airfix footbridge are thrown in? Perhaps enough to tip the balance?

:jester:

Baz,

I note that his feedback is 100% on 4257 which tends to suggest a large customer base?  The price seems to average out at about £30 per item so he appears to made a tidy sum out of E-bay.

He has  obviously found a niche market.

I can imagine a Musician / Modeller known to us both thinking of sitting on the pavement with his lovely Border Collie by his side, whilst  playing a penny whistle busking rather than Weathering Loco's and Teaching.

Not the Dog playing the instrument before some smart Alec, comments.

Regards,Derek.

Erm what is a Deltic made of... hint not steel.... but two people are bidding for this weathered item...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/weathered-locomotive-OO-gauge-scrapyard-Deltic-diesel-heavily-rusted-ref-3-/291641171442?hash=item43e72b1df2:g:Q2sAAOSwhkRWeB8l#viTabs_0

Were any Deltics scrapped in green livery?

Rusty wood is not unknown from the 'weathering' brigade.........

When you count in the time required, materials etc. to mess make each item, does £30 actually represent a profit, especially since, in quantity, the profit is subject to the attentions of HMRC.* (The seller is registered as a business seller.)

*AFAIK Any profit/income is taxable, but small amounts are overlooked.

Good luck to him, if there's a demand for this stuff!

Edited by Il Grifone