EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

The first seller has quite a lot of "rare take a look" overpriced items.

A quick scan on the net found cheaper versions available new elsewhere.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

The first seller has quite a lot of "rare take a look" overpriced items.

A quick scan on the net found cheaper versions available new elsewhere.

Keith

The second seller in my post is offering a new one a bit cheaper too.

This is utterly bizarre.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Off-OO-TT-12-5mm-gauge-Scratch-Built-4-6-0-Southern-Steam-Tender-Loco-/281481914553?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4189a128b9

It's a Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol plastic 'Schools' kit on a TT 4-6-0 (GWR) chassis to run on 12.5mm track.

It's horribly painted and bears the number '919' and '30919' on the same side.

Oh - and he wants £75 for it.

a lovely looking, addition for your layout

• RMweb Premium

This is utterly bizarre.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/One-Off-OO-TT-12-5mm-gauge-Scratch-Built-4-6-0-Southern-Steam-Tender-Loco-/281481914553?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4189a128b9

It's a Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol plastic 'Schools' kit on a TT 4-6-0 (GWR) chassis to run on 12.5mm track.

Says he has a matching 00-TT layout for it. Unfortunately I'm not in the UK so sadly I'm barred from bidding. Such a shame!

Hornby were pushing this on their calendar a few months ago. At the time, I wondered did any Mk I BSKs ever get converted into camping coaches?

• RMweb Premium

Personally, I'm devastated Kevin. Especially as the detailing included the rear coupler.

JCL, perhaps you were responsible for this?

I will also,no longer send abroad as a few have spoilt it for the many.

ps Why does the RMweb spell check tell me that spoilt is spelt incorrectly?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This is utterly bizarre.

It would help if the wheels lined up with the splashers.

• RMweb Premium

Inspirational.

HERE I HAVE A BR DIESEL MOTOR END DMU OO GAUGE, , 2  BUFFERS ARE MISSING (SEE PHOTO) AND THE BODY IS IN OK CONDITION AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS PART OF A PROJECT, WOULD LOOK GREAT WHEN COMPLETED , IT HAS RAN WHEN IT WANTS TOO BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND A QUICK SERVICE, SOMEONE WITH THE KNOW HOW WOULD MAKE THIS INTO A GREAT MODEL TRAIN, THANKS FOR LOOKING, HAPPY BIDDING.

I'd buy it, except its got 2 missing buffers!

:jester:

Hornby were pushing this on their calendar a few months ago. At the time, I wondered did any Mk I BSKs ever get converted into camping coaches?

I think this model Mk1 is based on one of the Camping Coaches available to hire at the North Yorkshire Moors railway. (Or another "Heritage" Railway...)

I think that BR got rid of the Camping Coaches idea for the public before any Mk1s were cascaded...they did however have Pullman Cars, lately for Staff Family use....

Inspirational.

HERE I HAVE A BR DIESEL MOTOR END DMU OO GAUGE, , 2  BUFFERS ARE MISSING (SEE PHOTO) AND THE BODY IS IN OK CONDITION AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS PART OF A PROJECT, WOULD LOOK GREAT WHEN COMPLETED , IT HAS RAN WHEN IT WANTS TOO BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND A QUICK SERVICE, SOMEONE WITH THE KNOW HOW WOULD MAKE THIS INTO A GREAT MODEL TRAIN, THANKS FOR LOOKING, HAPPY BIDDING.

I'd buy it, except its got 2 missing buffers!

:jester:

Hi Kevin,

Go on mate you know you want it.

Dont worry about the buffers though as I have plenty of spares of that type in a box - you can have three (so you've got a spare) for £99.00.

Sorry Kevin - i'll leave you to bid in peace.

All the Best

• Like 2

Hi,

Rather interesting that this Lima 47 is rare.

Was at a toy fair in Newton Abbot 3 weeks ago and whilst looking for something else (to detail and repaint) we saw two of this version on the same stand, one boxed and one unboxed.

Reason that it sticks in my mind is that about seven weeks ago I used exactly this version to detail and repaint in two tone green as Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

All I can say is bug**r - if i'd realised how rare it is i'd have sold it on fleebay (not!).

Regards

Edited by TheWeatheringMan

• RMweb Premium

The correct word to use is 'spoiled'

Spoilt = verb, past tense and past participle of "spoil" (English Dictionary)

Keith

EDIT it seems looking at several other dictionaries that "Spoiled" is the preferred US spelling and "Spoilt" the British English version hence the RMWeb spellchecker (US English) throwing a wobbly!

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2