EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

OMG!

I wonder if the Scratch Built Wooden Box is the excellent work..........

I know this seller and they have had some really nice stuff but this is terrible.

Tony

The wheels don't look too bad!

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Surely that's their privilege? As with Gostude et al there seem to be many buyers who are satisfied with their prices and service. It's annoying it if you wanted it for less, but there was someone else prepared to pay more.

The length of time which some of these things have been on ebay suggests that there aren't buyers prepared to pay that much (same applies to Gostude). Yes, sure, some of their things are priced more reasonably and they will and do sell.

It's worth noting that Rails used to sell most things by auction but switched to buy-it-now with offers allowed, and having bought things from them in auctions it seems that the buy it now prices are notably higher than the auctions were completing for. This would explain things hanging around for ages now. Occasionally an auction can end for below the going rate for the item, but provided they are timed to finish at a sensible time (mid-evening seems best) then the sale price of an auction is normally at least the going rate, and can be more if several bidders really want it!

Rails always seemed to get higher than usual auction bids on their items (They used to start at 99p IIRC?). Perhaps it's gone to their heads, as the items that have been highlighted here are decidedly overpriced IMHO.

• Like 1

Rails always seemed to get higher than usual auction bids on their items (They used to start at 99p IIRC?). Perhaps it's gone to their heads, as the items that have been highlighted here are decidedly overpriced IMHO.

Yes your right about the higher price. I Emailed them about a Bachmamm class 108. in green they have on Ebay for £99.99 used and told them its available new from Hattons at £69.00 new. I did get a reply Thanks for letting us know. so worth checking about first for prices { Forgot to say offered them £70.00 for it and they declined the offer

Edited by chris bales
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Why would you buy this at £250 plus £10 postage when it's available directly from Hornby for just under £200 and free postage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Arnold-N-Gauge-SR-5-BEL-Brighton-Belle-Pullman-5-Car-Train-Pack-/161460416093?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2597ca6e5d

Because it's on e-bay and "It must be cheap"

Keith

Fancy a Hornby Scotrail "Saltire" liveried 156? Our mate Gostude has two on offer for the bargain price of....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R2693-KIT-BUILT-SCOTRAIL-CLASS-156-SALTIRE-LIVERY-DMU-SET-52437-DCC-mv-/330803709957?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d05700805

Apparently it's a kit built Hornby model too.

Kit built my **** - but at least we're spared the L@@K...

I'm surprised he's not been taken to task by eBay either - he's suggesting that UK buyers pay by cheque... :butcher:

Fancy a Hornby Scotrail "Saltire" liveried 156? Our mate Gostude has two on offer for the bargain price of....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R2693-KIT-BUILT-SCOTRAIL-CLASS-156-SALTIRE-LIVERY-DMU-SET-52437-DCC-mv-/330803709957?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d05700805

Apparently it's a kit built Hornby model too.

Apparently they are very rare, not even Hattons have any in stock !

• RMweb Premium

Kit built my **** - but at least we're spared the L@@K...

I'm surprised he's not been taken to task by eBay either - he's suggesting that UK buyers pay by cheque... :butcher:

In Stude's defence (and probably the one and only time you'll see me type that..........) Ebay allow personal cheque and postal order as methods of payment when listing an item for sale. In fact, it's ticked by default when listing for sale.

Cheers,

Mick

In Stude's defence (and probably the one and only time you'll see me type that..........) Ebay allow personal cheque and postal order as methods of payment when listing an item for sale. In fact, it's ticked by default when listing for sale.

Cheers,

Mick

Agreed, Mick - but other folk have been thrown off there for doing exactly what studey boy's doing - with the same words...

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Agreed, Mick - but other folk have been thrown off there for doing exactly what studey boy's doing - with the same words...

Mark

Just noticed that one of the Stud's 156 pics is an incorrectly - and badly renumbered Northern 153......

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Kit built my ****

It comes in two halves you put them together so must be a kit. :):

Ah, so that explains why so many 'kits'. Under those 'rules' a loco & tender are a kit. Or a 2 car DMU/EMU, or a pair of coaches/wagons.

:jester:

Near mint condition - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-chinese-made-super-detail-britannia-tender-top-nmu-/301367632680?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:GB:1120

The seller doesn't do himself any favours now or in the future.

Regards

Ray

Ray

I wouldn't have the bare faced cheek to describe a clearly damaged item as Near Mint - Spares/Repair more like!