EBay madness

Marcyg

More tat

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-LOCOS-2-TENDERS-Hornby-TTR-3-RAIL-SPARES-REPAIRS-OO-Gauge-/131234774548?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1e8e33be14

(I'm not sure what is meant by "VARIOUS CONDITIONS", this lot is all poor using the seller's own grading.)

Edited by Il Grifone

I don't either, except hurrah!

I really don't know what's come over them;- maybe they think there's gold hidden inside?

I've got stacks of these from when Albert was still alive FFS. They certainly weren't "rare" - Albert could turn out your order for these overlays within a couple of days, and even he only charged £1.40 per sheet. I should know, because I updated the front page of his price list for him - the first time he'd ever had a computer print it!!

But £42 for a painted sheet of paper and five sheets of A4???? Whoever the winning bidder is has clearly been stung, and he deserves to be.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold

Also the seller's away until 28July.  Plenty of time for the anticipation to build for the lucky winner........

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

"a superb, addition for your layout,

and your chance to own a totally one-off loco.

as I wont be building another one."

That's a relief.

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Only one question really.

Why?

Rather than it being "scratch-built in brass,and parts from an old white metal kit", it looks to me to be a Bec TT Q1 on a N chassis.

Also love this one of his, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/009-gauge-RT-Models-Harrogate-Gas-Works-0-6-0-Baguley-Diesel-Loco/281366612091?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D24061%26meid%3D8281150836431425374%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10244%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D281378548225&rt=nc.

• RMweb Premium

Slightly of topic but at the New Cross show yesterday a trader had an old Triang-Hornby 08 (the one with the Jinty chassis) on sale for £60! :O . Strangely alongside it was a very well finished hand built 00 scale narrow gauge white metal railbus for £40.

Slightly of topic but at the New Cross show yesterday a trader had an old Triang-Hornby 08 (the one with the Jinty chassis) on sale for £60! :O . Strangely alongside it was a very well finished hand built 00 scale narrow gauge white metal railbus for £40.

Just a wild surmise, But I would assume the Tri-ang horror* (it can't be described as an 08 without the distinctive outside frames of the class - it's more like the early version with jackshaft drive) went home with the dealer... (Perhaps the price was a mistake with a surplus zero added? though that's probably still too much.)

*Despite stiff competition, this is Tri-ang's worst model IMHO ('Tri-ang' to include all the other names their products have been sold under).

Edited by Il Grifone