EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

£70 and a day to go !!  I think I will sell some of mine !! Bonkers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221466112205?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

Not exactly bonkers as it's a proper one not Railroad.

They are usually £30-£40 in mint condition and do sell well.

I have been trying to get a few (for CotN) and most S/H dealers I have contacted reckon the can sell all they get.

(Something Hornby should be doing some more of methinks)

Keith

Given how many recentish, mass-produced models are described as "rare", I find myself asking the question "what the hell have Bachmann and Hornby been doing for the last 10 years?" because it doesn't appear to have included making more than a dozen of any given item ;).

• Like 1

TAKE THAT !

Bachmann 9F Yours for  £549    !!!!!!!!!!!!!  (did the real ones cost that much to construct in the 1950s?) !!!!!!

It's not even 92203 either.. it's just a normal 9F.. without sound

Warning: before opening this link make sure your mouse is not over the "buy it now button".. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Bachmann-Branchline-Class-9F-92116-with-Standard-and-BR1C-Tender-NEW-/221473708029?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3390dc97fd

And it has 1 Watcher!  Probably watching to see if anyone is stupid enough to pay that kind of money for it!

• RMweb Gold

TAKE THAT !

Bachmann 9F Yours for  £549    !!!!!!!!!!!!!  (did the real ones cost that much to construct in the 1950s?) !!!!!!

It's not even 92203 either.. it's just a normal 9F.. without sound

Warning: before opening this link make sure your mouse is not over the "buy it now button".. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Bachmann-Branchline-Class-9F-92116-with-Standard-and-BR1C-Tender-NEW-/221473708029?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3390dc97fd

Another 'general' dealer chancing their arm.

• RMweb Premium

Given how many recentish, mass-produced models are described as "rare", I find myself asking the question "what the hell have Bachmann and Hornby been doing for the last 10 years?" because it doesn't appear to have included making more than a dozen of any given item ;).

Well, there is an element of truth. In the bad old days, Tri-ang for instance, used to make runs of locos in the same colour & same number for years at a time - how many LMS 0-6-0T numbered 47606, did they sell? I could go to almost any 2nd hand trader blind folded, at an exhibition & still find one. So I guess the limited-ish runs of recent times, are a different story, where they do a large batch & that's it.

• RMweb Premium

Another 'general' dealer chancing their arm.

You don't have to buy it now.

You can bid for it too, with a low, low, starting price of £199.99.

Obviously setting it as high as £200 would have been ridiculous...

What is "Highly sort (sic) after" about this? and is covered with scratches "in excellent condition"? (I'd call it 'fair').

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Hornby-DUBLO-3-RAIL-WAGON-LMS-730026-BROWN-GOODS-BRAKE-VAN-EXCELLENT-/261506174872?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3ce2fb8f98

Apart from the repainted roof*, it must be one of the commonest pre-nationalisation Dublo wagons.....

*should be steel finish or grey for later issues (like this one).

It does quite clearly state this: (Quotes from Rail's Capitaisation)

"THESE ARE ITEMS THAT WE HAVE PURCHASED IN SECONDHAND COLLECTIONS THAT ARE IN POOR/NON WORKING CONDITION

THEY ARE SOLD AS SEEN WITH NO GUARENTEE/WARRANTY SO PLEASE STUDY THE PICTURES VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR BIDS."

I think Rails are being Honest, just the price which is madness for a pile of scrap

Keith

They have to offer a guarantee as such though, as they are bound (like everyone else) to distance selling regulations, as well as eBay's own buyer protection program - therefore comments like this are pretty meaningless. It is probably also why people pay stupid amounts for items listed as damaged - they think `oh, i'll fix that up in an hour and it'll be as good as new', only to actually get the item in the post and for the reality to dawn on them. Then, they basically have 45 days to change their mind.

Its the only thing I can think of!