EBay madness

Marcyg

Ah, but it's from a purveyor of 'low cost' jewellery..........!

I'll have to ask SWMBO whether she likes the jewellery (though I doubt it!). The seller also has 'Evening Star' at £19.99 :O (allegedly available direct from the publishers for £8.99 +50p).

This might be interesting for anyone into collecting die-casts though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATCHBOX-CORGI-DINKY-SIKU-ETC-REPLICA-BOX-TEMPLATES-DVD-OVER-12-000-FILES-/380910750697?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item58b00ccbe9

It's almost worth finding a Dinky T-Bird just to use that box.

EDIT wrote 9 instead of 8 (in a hurry)

Edited by Il Grifone

Have you seen this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181418692524?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I quote:
"Dapol 00 gauge loco all black [apart from the filth]

Ok so here is a product we no [sic] nothing about, I bought it for a gift for a friend but I believe I have purchased the wrong size he has 009 and I got him 16 if that makes sense to anyone [Hmm...]

I am listing at the price paid so please don't be to [sic] hard with the offers!!!!! [They paid £50 for that?]

Its [sic] a train [sic] by Dapol has L M S on the sides with numbers 11217 on some very tiny transfers on the side it says L M S Rails 1910 Horwich 

There is a man in the cab of the train [a man...]

We have not tested so don't no [sic] if it works or not but has the motor and all the right bits according to my friend [except the chimney, of course, and some other bits. And the handrail has come loose and there's a knob hanging off...]

I can not tell you any more than that sorry "

It certainly is sorry. Hardly surprising there's no bids, it is?

Edited by Smiffy2

Have you seen this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181418692524?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I quote:

"Dapol 00 gauge loco all black [apart from the filth]

Ok so here is a product we no [sic] nothing about, I bought it for a gift for a friend but I believe I have purchased the wrong size he has 009 and I got him 16 if that makes sense to anyone [Hmm...]

I am listing at the price paid so please don't be to [sic] hard with the offers!!!!! [They paid £50 for that?]

Its [sic] a train [sic] by Dapol has L M S on the sides with numbers 11217 on some very tiny transfers on the side it says L M S Rails 1910 Horwich 

There is a man in the cab of the train [a man...]

We have not tested so don't no [sic] if it works or not but has the motor and all the right bits according to my friend [except the chimney, of course, and some other bits. And the handrail has come loose and there's a knob hanging off...]

I can not tell you any more than that sorry "

It certainly is sorry. Hardly surprising there's no bids, it is?

If he paid fifty quid for that, they saw him coming! :O :no:

(It looks like there's a bit broken off the cab roof too.)

• RMweb Gold

If he paid fifty quid for that, they saw him coming! :O :no:

(It looks like there's a bit broken off the cab roof too.)

Looks like he was taken in by the 'professionally weathered' tag?

• RMweb Premium

Why did someone pay twenty five notes for this broken beyond all hope of salvation piece of landfill?!?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201095191507?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Because it's IN O.K. CONDITION.

edited to add.

Also, how does a plastic roof rust?

Edited by kevinlms

He wrote this:

JOB LOT OF 1, OO GAUGE TRI-ANG/Hornby R356 BATTLE OF BRITAIN CLASS 4-6-2 HAS MOTOR BUT IS A NONE RUNNER HAS NO TENDER,
HAS 2 LARGE CRACKS IN THE BODY SEE PICTURES, HAS BOTH  BUFFERS AND NO HOOK, HAS NO BOX, HAVE MARKS ON ALL BODY`S AND ROOF`S SOME RUST, IN O.K. CONDITION.  

Written communication isn't one of his key skills. And his idea of OK condition is a tad optimistic. Just another chancer I suspect.

His other sale items consist of sexy lingerie...

• RMweb Premium

He wrote this:

JOB LOT OF 1, OO GAUGE TRI-ANG/Hornby R356 BATTLE OF BRITAIN CLASS 4-6-2 HAS MOTOR BUT IS A NONE RUNNER HAS NO TENDER,
HAS 2 LARGE CRACKS IN THE BODY SEE PICTURES, HAS BOTH  BUFFERS AND NO HOOK, HAS NO BOX, HAVE MARKS ON ALL BODY`S AND ROOF`S SOME RUST, IN O.K. CONDITION.  

Written communication isn't one of his key skills. And his idea of OK condition is a tad optimistic. Just another chancer I suspect.

His other sale items consist of sexy lingerie...

Hence 'large cracks in the body'?

If the seller is a chancer, then his done very well to get 25 quid. Having had such success, we'll see more from him.

There appears to have been a bidding war.

Why I can't imagine. I would have thought around a fiver was appropriate (for the parts).

Inspiration! perhaps the buyer wants a chassis for the forthcoming GBL 'West Country'?

Still started from the wrong place and paid too much though.

• RMweb Gold

This is weird.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRASS-1016-1-165ft-WARREN-THROUGH-TRUSS-BRIDGE-1-TRACK-FACTORY-PAINTED-BLACK-NEW-/400716225888?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item5d4c8c5d60

It's a brass truss girder bridge. In black it's $250, but in red it's $750  . . . . . .. from the same seller!

Andy

Perhaps there is a shortage of red paint???  :jester: