EBay madness

Marcyg

Hi 

I emailed him and got this replay back!.

Thanks for your contact and attention, sorry for the confusion, this item is out of stock now, Listing price may be high to avoid more transactions before we get replacement from supplier. We will cancel all the listings if cannot get the replacements in a reasonable time.

Welcome to visit our website when its available again. Your understanding in this matter would be highly appreciated!

Please let us know if we can be any of your further assistance.

Regards

- ukpartsdeal

So he saying that he has none of theses loco in stock, but will keep the listing up until someone buy's one then he will try to find one on the net to send out!.

Darren

Thats not how it works - All he is doing is trying to avoid ebay fees by not cancelling the listing. He puts the price up to a level where he expects that no one will buy it, and when he gets them in stock he lowers the price back down to normal, rather than having to re-list.  If he ends up unable to get more he will cancel the listing and loses nothing.  Its a fairly common practice which regularly gets posted in this section by those not in the know.

Edited by Titan

• RMweb Premium

It's scary that one but when you add up the sale prices of some of the individual items recently then it almost* starts to look like good sense to buy them in one go!

*(power cars: £275, buffet car: £200, TGS: £100, 1st-batch Standards £70ea, actually bothering to spend time detailing them to look like the real thing: £Priceless)

Model battleship for sale!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-TRIANG-Hornby-MINIC-SHIPS-M702-1200-QUEEN-ELIZABETH-BATTLESHIP-MODEL/400662693400?_trksid=p3984.m2206&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D129%26meid%3D4971972358621931302%26pid%3D100052%26prg%3D1108%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D330681002717%26

Lots of 'guff' about the item, but she's not very rare* - I picked one up at a boot sale recently. (Replacement masts would cost more than I paid for her.)

* And then, it's not so much the short production period, more the cost of the item new.

(I particularly like the "INCREDIBLE" offer of only £1 carriage for additional items - Once you've paid RM's rather high charges for the first item, the rest go free up to 1 kg.

Edited by Il Grifone

It's scary that one but when you add up the sale prices of some of the individual items recently then it almost* starts to look like good sense to buy them in one go!

*(power cars: £275, buffet car: £200, TGS: £100, 1st-batch Standards £70ea, actually bothering to spend time detailing them to look like the real thing: £Priceless)

I would so like one of these, but when we bought our first house this summer I thought I had gone a bit far spending this kind of money on the sofa!  Add in the Class 166 I want too and we'd be talking the budget for our next car...

Only thing is looking at the models and at the real thing I'm sure the HST power cars are far too light a shade!

So he saying that he has none of theses loco in stock, but will keep the listing up until someone buy's one then he will try to find one on the net to send out!.

Darren

Which is in itself another valid reason for reporting the listing. Ebay do not like empty or listings without actual goods to offer.

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Show-Me-the-Way-to-go-Home-The-Story-of-Medloc-1945-1955-Maggie-Hurst-and-Chri-/191059378249?pt=Fiction&hash=item2c7c06c049

Well it is fairly old.

It is quite rare.

However a few minutes search will provide contact details for one of the authors.

Follow these up and he will be able to supply you with a brand new copy of the book.

How much you ask?

£6

Bernard

On certain other train-related forums, the question 'would you?' would have been asked by now, but of course nobody on here is that crude! :no:

I would.!!! :sungum:

Sorry to revisit this one, but there is something to be said for experience . . . .

:)

You would have hoped that a major seller of model trains would have noticed that the carriages aren't the right ones!

http://www.ehattons.com/72588/Hornby_R2612_LN_HST_Inter_city_125_GNER_4_car_pack_Pre_owned_Like_new/StockDetail.aspx

They have changed the listing, but it's still sold anyway.

Model battleship for sale!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-TRIANG-Hornby-MINIC-SHIPS-M702-1200-QUEEN-ELIZABETH-BATTLESHIP-MODEL/400662693400?_trksid=p3984.m2206&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D129%26meid%3D4971972358621931302%26pid%3D100052%26prg%3D1108%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D330681002717%26

Lots of 'guff' about the item, but she's not very rare* - I picked one up at a boot sale recently. (Replacement masts would cost more than I paid for her.)

* And then, it's not so much the short production period, more the cost of the item new.

(I particularly like the "INCREDIBLE" offer of only £1 carriage for additional items - Once you've paid RM's rather high charges for the first item, the rest go free up to 1 kg.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't battleships carry guns??!!

Crescent signals like this cost a couple of quid or so here!  :O :stinker:

(The gantries are a bit more, but they are quite rare - original high price and mazak pest.)

Edited by Il Grifone

Crescent signals like this cost a couple of quid or so here!  :O :stinker:

(The gantries are a bit more, but they are quite rare - original high price and mazak pest.)

Would I be right to think that the upper quadrant Crescent signals are later than the lower Quadrant Crescent Signals?

The signal posts on the earlier ones do indeed crumble and snap easily from that Mazak Pest!

Would I be right to think that the upper quadrant Crescent signals are later than the lower Quadrant Crescent Signals?

The signal posts on the earlier ones do indeed crumble and snap easily from that Mazak Pest!

I'll try again as my reply was auto saved into cyberspace!

I'm not sure on this one. I can remember seeing them in a local shop in Bristol in the fifties, but can only recall the lower quadrant type in the proper colours or Crescent's odd red stripe on white arm variant. Single home and distant and both together on a single mast, 2 and 3 way junctions and the gantry. This latter was rather useless with four dolls with a home and a distant for each direction - I never could work out quite what it was intended to do! There must have been the upper quadrant type, but I don't recall them, but then they were a strange 'foreign' thing used by inferior railways. My local station (Clifton Down - now seriously vandalised! :O ) had a Midland example of lower quadrant, which folded back on itself in a peculiar manner.

In addition to the signals there was a footbridge of almost identical design to the Dublo one (though the steps could be positioned at different angles) in green and a series of metal farm figures and animals, the figures being a little too big for 00, though the animals were OK. I used a couple of the cows to weight an Airfix cattle wagon.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

They also made a rather small water tower, barely enough to fill the toilet tank on a Mk.1.

It must be the one I have - painted grey, but without any maker's name. It's about the same size as the Tri-ang TT one, which is small even for this scale.

There are probably other items, but catalogues/info. seem scarce.

The farm figures I remember are:-

Farmer and wife and a 'landgirl' (as they used to be described) all generously dimensioned for 00.

Horse, cows standing and lying, calf, goat. sheep and pig (with trough). The normal colour for all these (except the goat and sheep which are grey - can't remember the pig pink?) is basically a reddish brown.

EDIT

I've started a new topic on these in the appropriate thread.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82739-figures-and-other-accessories/

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1