EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Can it be 'Mint', if no box?

It is described as 'excellent' - not as 'mint' (and has been used so it couldn't be 'mint').  However in all cases you are absolutely reliant on the buyer's explanation and assessment (if he's done one) of condition.  So as always it has to be caveat emptor - buyer beware.

• RMweb Gold

Well the seller got that sale well stitched up then by getting that price.

• RMweb Premium

And thats just a sewing pattern. :O

There were two bidders interested, though I can't understand (and neither could the distaff side of the family) what was particular about this rather hideous example of '40s fashion. The seller has an least one other at $12.99 BIN.

What's "VTG"? I thought it was a rolling stock company!

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

I am no expert but given a 1940s date probably now out of Copyright. Perhaps that is the answer to, what appears to be an experienced e-bayer, paying so much for a pattern?

Tony

You beat me to it!  That was the thought I had this morning.  Presumably dressmakers aren't into 3D CAD modelling yet?

• RMweb Premium

Considering that most if not all of Hornby's 2014 announcements probably won't see the light of day until at least 2015 based on current farcical performance then maybe now is the time to sell whilst they will still realize a decent price!!

Make it obvious that you're profit(eer)ing

Considering that most if not all of Hornby's 2014 announcements probably won't see the light of day until at least 2015 based on current farcical performance....

You might want to encourage your local William Hill / Paddy Power to open a book on 2016 being more realistic.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

Truly bizarre - even more so if you look at seller's sold items though this is maybe dragging us OT.  (Several items for £2 or below with similar bid histories. Free P/P from China.  WTF?)