EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Interesting item, but isn't this statement against ebay rules?

We appreciate the asking price for this item is considerable and as such any parties interested in acquiring this piece are asked to contact us to negotiate a sale.

However, it has been on ebay for over two years......

Cheers,

Mick

Yeah, very true.

Free advertising for the seller! :nono:

The TSR-2 was a super advanced fighter plane...almost a "space plane"....but it went the way of a lot of British inovations...binned by HM Goverment of the day...like the whole space programme! :(

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 1

I think I may be following your train of thought here... ;)

I have had a quick look.....

Rails seem to have abandoned £0.99 Start Auctions mainly....and having Buy It Now prices, with most also being "Best Offer" listings.

Have they been bitten a few times selling stuff too cheap? :scratchhead:

Edited by Sarahagain

• RMweb Gold

That must be a seller without a clue.  I would guess its a Silver Fox one on a Lima chassis but you must be able to spot is a lash up.  Looks professional (compared to mine) and is not unfairly priced as the body alone was £43.50.  I do hope buyers don't think they are getting a Heljan one.  

• Like 1

I know Lima coaches aren't up to much, but it didn't deserve this. (A decent burial in the bin maybe?)

I won't (and I doubt anyone else will either) be spending £12.98 on it!

• RMweb Premium

I know Lima coaches aren't up to much, but it didn't deserve this. (A decent burial in the bin maybe?)

I won't (and I doubt anyone else will either) be spending £12.98 on it!

Kids & cigarette lighters! Still 'nothing else quite like it'!

I never cease to be amazed at the number of people who can't grasp the idea that burned plastic bears not the slightest resemblance to burned wood or scorched steel.

And that a  model of a burned out/semi-derelict/etc. item requires just as much (or even more) skill as an intact and functional one. A piece of junk stuck in in a corner of the layout still looks like a piece of junk.

Edited by Il Grifone

This is listed in:-

Collectables>Trains/ Railway Models>OO Gauge>Locomotives>Other OO Gauge Locomotives
Collectables>Trains/ Railway Models>Finescale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LONE-STAR-MAN-FROM-UNCLE-SPYGUN-SET-/181278108561?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2a35046b91

Perhaps part of the old Triang Battle Train thingy from the 60's?

• RMweb Premium

This is listed in:-

Collectables>Trains/ Railway Models>OO Gauge>Locomotives>Other OO Gauge Locomotives
Collectables>Trains/ Railway Models>Finescale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LONE-STAR-MAN-FROM-UNCLE-SPYGUN-SET-/181278108561?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2a35046b91

Perhaps part of the old Triang Battle Train thingy from the 60's?

Must be doing something right as has some bids.