EBay madness

Marcyg

Just a thought, will eBay charge him on the original listing figure? (in the unlikely event the item sells of course - Who has a spare £1100 to spend? Certainly not me!* -.

unless our friends are interested).

It's a prime example of how not to sell; smaller lots would have been much better. (Who really needs 100 P.O. wagons from all over the country, apart from avid collectors who probably have most of them anyway?)

*Even if I had it, SWMBO would have rather a lot to say on the matter. :nono: :triniti:

• RMweb Premium

Roughly 90 wagons at around £8 is rather less than £1,100.

I would say a more realistic value is nearer to £6 than £8.

So way OTT.

Would a dealer offer him £500?

Would he get more than that at auction?

I doubt it.

Would he get better for listing them individually.

Probably.

But not if you factor in the value of his time at a reasonable rate.

Bernard

Which loco ?, which colour ?, which box ?   :scratchhead:  Take a look at the photos and read desription, hmmm...

Maybe I should ask a few questions, then again, maybe I should watch to see how many uneducated bidders are out there...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bachmann-32-325DC-BR-Class-25-1-Bo-Bo-Diesel-D5211-MIB-/261328041789?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item3cd85d773d#ht_1090wt_1170

Roughly 90 wagons at around £8 is rather less than £1,100.

I would say a more realistic value is nearer to £6 than £8.

So way OTT.

Would a dealer offer him £500?

Would he get more than that at auction?

I doubt it.

Would he get better for listing them individually.

Probably.

But not if you factor in the value of his time at a reasonable rate.

Bernard

I would agree with valuation around £6 and have doubts about a dealer* offering even as much as £500 (though our friends seem to have a 'buy dear and sell exorbitant' policy). There is the 'collectable' factor however, which makes some 'worth' more than others.

Individual sales would almost certainly be labour intensive, but several lots would be the way forward in my opinion.

* In my experience, dealers either value the rare items and expect the rest thrown in or offer around 25% of the likely sale price.

• RMweb Gold

He replied asking me to ring him next week to hear the list. I replied to say that I was hoping for a list to be sent to me.  I'm not going to ring him.

I've just asked him for a list of the wagons.  I hope he does not consider that "time wasting"

Has our friend Gostude changed his name...? At that price I think i'll give em a miss.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-Waggon-Collection-assorted-Various-many-Limited-Additions-boxed-/301018551174?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item46161a9386

surely he's added a "0" or two on by mistake?

No I don't think so. There are no less than 84 wagons in the collection as offered. I suppose that £13.09 per wagon is a tad optomistic since they look quite old but after listing fees and Paypal fees............

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure that the picture quite goes with the listing, the seller may have had an unfortunate incident with their cat!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-33-305A-20-TON-GWR-TOAD-GOODS-BRAKE-VAN-IN-BR-GREY-LIVERY-/111212992146?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19e4cf9692

Now the wagon is a "Toad"....did any railway have a "Cat" wagon? ;)

I am not feline very well...... ;)

Edited by Sarahagain