EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

A bargain from our friend Gostude? Surely not! But £10 for a Tortoise point motor + connector tab is well below RRP!  Grab some if you need them .... 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CIRCUITRON-800-6000-O-GAUGE-ELECTRIC-POINT-MOTOR-SLOW-MOTION-SWITCH-MACHINE-mv-/360748865896?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53fe4ed968

• RMweb Gold

..... And according to his blurb it will be 'a great item for your collection'.

I've got a great collection of tortoise motors, all mint and some kit built. (I've even got a couple in Network Rail yellow).

He obviously has a template for his items but a bit of thought for each wouldn't come amiss.

..... And according to his blurb it will be 'a great item for your collection'.

I've got a great collection of tortoise motors, all mint and some kit built. (I've even got a couple in Network Rail yellow).

He obviously has a template for his items but a bit of thought for each wouldn't come amiss.

Made by Peco and are for O gauge?

I better take them all off our 4mm layout!

A bargain from our friend Gostude? Surely not! But £10 for a Tortoise point motor + connector tab is well below RRP!  Grab some if you need them .... 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CIRCUITRON-800-6000-O-GAUGE-ELECTRIC-POINT-MOTOR-SLOW-MOTION-SWITCH-MACHINE-mv-/360748865896?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53fe4ed968

:swoon: :warning:  shhhhh!

I will only accept reasonable bids around the "Buy it Now" price

On a 99p start price!

Isn't this an ebay rules infringement. Effectively stating an arbitrary reserve and not setting one on the item?

The seller's idea of reasonable is obvious from the BIN but this is an auction and without a valid reserve it is up to the bidders to determine the actual price.

Edited by Kenton
  • Like 1

On a 99p start price!

Isn't this an ebay rules infringement. Effectively stating an arbitrary reserve and not setting one on the item?

The seller's idea of reasonable is obvious from the BIN but this is an auction and without a valid reserve it is up to the bidders to determine the actual price.

Hand built from high quality kit in Brass and Nickel Silver, this loco is a good runner with a powerful electric motor and gearbox. It has sprung buffers and removable cab roof, finished in LNER livery.

As I am not given the option in my listing to place a Reserve on this item, I will only accept reasonable bids around the "Buy it Now" price £845.00.

I will accept cheques subject to 7 days clearance.

The seller has got it all wrong!

The way to do this is to list as a BIN, but check the "Allow offers" box.

That way, you set a BIN Price a bit in excess of your ideal price, and allow the "punters" to make offers.

You can even set automatic rejections for offers you consider too low!

Anyway...

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

Maybe they have seen the error of their ways?

Edited by Sarahagain

• RMweb Gold

How about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-RCH-RAILWAY-JUNCTION-DIAGRAM-ABBOTSWOOD-MALVERN-STOKE-PRIOR-1910-/300848469253?pt=UK_Collectables_Railwayana_RL&hash=item460bf75505

My eyes lit up when I thought it might be something geographically appropriate for my layout - until I studied the photo! Firth of Tay? D*mn I got it wrong ! Abbotswood should have a very long bridge over troubled waters!!! :jester:  :jester:

Phil

• RMweb Gold

funnily enough i was looking at these earlier through ebay and they seemed like a bargain, do they work with dcc through a esu/Bachmann accessory decoder (i can increase the throw time on the output), if so i might give a couple a go

• RMweb Premium

funnily enough i was looking at these earlier through ebay and they seemed like a bargain, do they work with dcc through a esu/Bachmann accessory decoder (i can increase the throw time on the output), if so i might give a couple a go

Hi Jim

What sort of output does the ESU acc decoder give?

You can drive Tortoises with Lenz decoders which give an AC output pulse by feeding through 2 diodes and setting the time to 3-4 seconds.

EDIT: See page 7 here

http://www.lenzusa.com/1newsite1/Manuals/LS150.pdf

2nd EDIT: just spotted that the ESU can be set to continuous DC output which is ideal for a Tortoise, I think you would still need the diodes though!

Keith

PS

On second thoughts you can't do it.

The Lenz uses the AC & diodes to produce a -ve or a +ve output with respect to common. It won't work with DC without some fancy electronics

Edited by melmerby

This one always makes me laugh. He must have listed this loco about 10 times plus over the last couple of years.

Wonder why he has never sold it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRFIX-MODEL-No-54123-FOWLER-4F-FOWLER-0-6-0-TENDER-CAB-LOCO-/300921772280?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item461055d8f8

And what does Code 3 mean? (Sorry am I being thick?)

Wandering around a traction engine rally recently there was an older lady in a caravan with a tray of old Hornby stuff. On it was a well played with scuffy lizzie for £3, some other rubbish and an CKD EM2 Green "Pandora". Now mines been heavily played with (by me) in it's 50 odd years, this was mint, I mean mint, pantographs, everything, the only blemish was a very very small scratch across one of the numbers. I picked it up and she approached me looking for a deal, I knocked her down a little and made an offer which she accepted. Being a nice guy I handed it back to her and suggested she put it away, and try ebay and suggested a guide price. I really hope she got a good price, a little more than the £3 she was asking.

• Like 8

This one always makes me laugh. He must have listed this loco about 10 times plus over the last couple of years.

Wonder why he has never sold it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRFIX-MODEL-No-54123-FOWLER-4F-FOWLER-0-6-0-TENDER-CAB-LOCO-/300921772280?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item461055d8f8

And what does Code 3 mean? (Sorry am I being thick?)

it's 'cause it's code 3 it's so expensive. As far as I can tell, code 3 is where you apply different numbers and then charge an extra £50.

• Like 1

Wandering around a traction engine rally recently there was an older lady in a caravan with a tray of old Hornby stuff. On it was a well played with scuffy lizzie for £3, some other rubbish and an CKD EM2 Green "Pandora". Now mines been heavily played with (by me) in it's 50 odd years, this was mint, I mean mint, pantographs, everything, the only blemish was a very very small scratch across one of the numbers. I picked it up and she approached me looking for a deal, I knocked her down a little and made an offer which she accepted. Being a nice guy I handed it back to her and suggested she put it away, and try ebay and suggested a guide price. I really hope she got a good price, a little more than the £3 she was asking.

I wonder if Mr GhostDude or Mr Cartmel would have done that ????

• RMweb Gold

Best decoder to use for these is the NCE Switch-8 which costs around £40 for 8 ports and each port can drive two motors forming a crossover if required.  I've got 60+ Tortoises on my layout driven by Switch-8s and all have worked faultlessly for the last couple of years. Once you've used slow-action motors you never want to go back to point bangers again!

How about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-RCH-RAILWAY-JUNCTION-DIAGRAM-ABBOTSWOOD-MALVERN-STOKE-PRIOR-1910-/300848469253?pt=UK_Collectables_Railwayana_RL&hash=item460bf75505

My eyes lit up when I thought it might be something geographically appropriate for my layout - until I studied the photo! Firth of Tay? D*mn I got it wrong ! Abbotswood should have a very long bridge over troubled waters!!! :jester:  :jester:

Phil

Hi Phil.

Possibly a wrong photo entered...

They have other RCH Diagrams as well, so they may actually have the one you would like?

Edited by Sarahagain