EBay madness

Marcyg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-755-KIT-BUILT-NETWORK-RAIL-CLASS-57-3-LOCO-57312-MINT-DCC-my-/360706035812?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53fbc15064

A tad optimistic, I feel! A repaint, even a decent one, is not likely to sell for anything like this, especially when it's now available in this livery from the manufacturer anyway.

And why does this seller advertise all his repaints as 'kit built'? It really is not an accurate description of a repainted commercial model!

Again.

How can something be described as mint when it has been, re-painted. Even if, as the description states, 'professionally'.

Kit-built!

I bet the seller has never even used a craft knife in anger.

Anyway how do they justify £234 for a Bachmann class 47.

It is totally beyond me.

In fact I would not pay more that £40 for one! (Unless in two tone green and had a D in front of the number, i.e. A Brush Type 4). Then only about £41.

Edited by andytrains

• RMweb Premium

If sufficient numbers of people are minded to file sufficient adverse reports on Gostude's misrepresentations, eBay might actually do something.

Then again, maybe they won't.

eBay only seem to be bothered if the payment terms exclude PayPal, or have a method of bypassing the full fee, such as "I won't sell for less than £xxx", but not having a reserve price.

Cheers,

Mick

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-755-KIT-BUILT-NETWORK-RAIL-CLASS-57-3-LOCO-57312-MINT-DCC-my-/360706035812?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53fbc15064

A tad optimistic, I feel! A repaint, even a decent one, is not likely to sell for anything like this, especially when it's now available in this livery from the manufacturer anyway.

And why does this seller advertise all his repaints as 'kit built'? It really is not an accurate description of a repainted commercial model!

But it is Network Rail yellow!  :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Found these today! Profitering again. Rip off britain!

http://bit.ly/1a7qSmf

If it doesnt work sorry but posting off an iphone.

Item number if link foesnt work is

E Bay correspondence;

Dear ant2110,

Hi

Are these coaches, Hornby or Bachmann, or the £3.99 ones that come with the model railway village partworks magazine?

Thanks

Colin

- colin_mcleod

Dear colin_mcleod,

I am not sure the details on this coach. They where given to me together with some other items.

The only markings on the underside is 'Made in China'

Ant.

- ant2110

Dear ant2110,

Thanks Ant

Those are the £3.99 ones sold in W H Smyths with part 1 of a new part works series only this week.. Nice profit if you get any buyers.

Regards

Colin

- colin_mcleod

£40 for a tender, don't make me laugh,  it makes my balls hurt. Lets see how it goes, sell the loco body, sell the loco frames etc. etc.

Buy the whole lot for approx £150 then try to sell the parts for £450. Someone will buy the parts and not think about the cost.

I think that this one could be worth a watch or a medal, buy something for £200 without a photo?

He also likes the fantastic L@@K.

But what is so special to look at? A bit of track or a wagon.

Edited by ozzyo

Good morning all

How about an white metal A4 (Wills?) on a Hornby chassis for £230 from one of the regular high pricers? It is advertised as a DJH K33, which is a Peppercorn A2. I suppose that they have the same wheelbase. I wonder if DJH know that their name is being used for non-DJH items?

Earlswood nob

Have a look at his other crap collectables go highest price first it helps.

I would tend to agree, but at least his prices are more reasonable than some others I could mention!

As to the Hornby conversion, It reminds me of the old joke about the local who on being asked directions and after some thought replied, "If I wuz you surr, I wouldn't start from yere!" (Other and better Mk Is are available - some still around at £3.99!). £30 doesn't seem expensive though, seeing the price of the donor vehicle and the work involved.

Just to give scale, a rule would work better.

Especially as Ms Santa is a Preiser figure and H0 scale and the car looks like one of the Cararama models to 1:72!

(And why show two buildings when you are selling only one?)

Edited by Il Grifone

£40 for a tender, don't make me laugh,  it makes my balls hurt. Lets see how it goes, sell the loco body, sell the loco frames etc. etc.

Buy the whole lot for approx £150 then try to sell the parts for £450. Someone will buy the parts and not think about the cost.

I think that this one could be worth a watch or a medal, buy something for £200 without a photo?

He also likes the fantastic L@@K.

But what is so special to look at? A bit of track or a wagon.

What is a 'BRITANNIA ROYAL PACIFIC'

He obviously has very limited knowledge of railways.

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

What's a "Britannia Royal"?

Was that the secret 8P cut & shut prototype that was made from the remains of Princess Anne and using spare parts from a Brit.

It turned out such a dog's dinner that Ridddles completely reworked it to produce the Duke :jester:

Keith