EBay madness

Marcyg

The well wagon would have some difficulty supporting the weight too.

Did they scrap her because the chassis didn't fit?

Brown all over is not "weathering", but I think we've said that before.

Are the "steal rails" for pinching it? (Not that anyone would want to!)

Another 1950s Tri-ang Well Wagon bites the dust...along with a 1950s Princess Chassis and a 1960s Flying Scotsman Body.

They really should have sold the parts as they were, the loco still has the motion bracket...not "paint" them...

And now for a different interpretation of madness. This takes the form of the guy (me) who'd love to bid, but may not. US only says the seller, and he no doubt has his reasons. But I've wanted one of these for 25 years! This should have been the tail-car on the Golden Rocket - a train from 1948 that never actually ran. I have 4 other Soho coaches to go with it, all pukka Rock Island Rocket brass. Drat!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251318291575?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

...nice Ian...my way around the U.S. only restriction would be to bid to win it in the first place, then ask the seller to mail it to the US model shop of my choice...with whom I'd already arranged a price for them to ship it to me.  

Dave

• Like 3

Another 1950s Tri-ang Well Wagon bites the dust...along with a 1950s Princess Chassis and a 1960s Flying Scotsman Body.

They really should have sold the parts as they were, the loco still has the motion bracket...not "paint" them...

Still it does make the others that little bit more valuable....

• RMweb Premium

And now for a different interpretation of madness. This takes the form of the guy (me) who'd love to bid, but may not. US only says the seller, and he no doubt has his reasons. But I've wanted one of these for 25 years! This should have been the tail-car on the Golden Rocket - a train from 1948 that never actually ran. I have 4 other Soho coaches to go with it, all pukka Rock Island Rocket brass. Drat!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251318291575?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I take it you've already contacted the seller. In the past it seems as though e-bay has by default restricted my sales to the UK, but I've had enquiries from as far away as New Zealand and Japan. I've been able to opt to allow bids from outside the UK on an individual basis. I have to say I've no idea if the latest version of e-bay is configured the same way.

The explosion in online retail has resulted in there being companies who will provide a US accommodation address and a forwarding service.  Dunno how good they are or how cost effective it would be for a single item though.

• RMweb Gold

If you click on the postage details in this listing the following message appears:

Postage can't be calculated for your area. You can contact the seller for additional postage costs and services.

Contact with the seller may lead to you purchasing this long sought after item
Good luck.

Maybe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAHAM-FARISH-OO-COACH-KIT-/330987198813?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d105fd95d

or maybe not!

And again,

maybe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROSEBUD-KITMASTER-MODEL-No-R13-B-R-COMPOSITE-COACH-KIT-PART-BUILT-BOXED-/271232338448?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f26b50a10

or maybe not!

(OK the 2nd one is Cartmel! - he's got a Jamieson coach kit at a staggering £79.95 too  :O :no: :stinker: :jester: )

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

US only says the seller, and he no doubt has his reasons.

I had a PM from a US RMwebber, offering to be my proxy-bidder. I've given him my max bid, and assuming we can agree how I will repay him in full, he will do his best for me. Good to have people in my corner both here in the thread and over there - TVM to you all!

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

The Hornby code numbers are different though. 

I had to check, the original listing (£33.49) was for R687, which has a diagonal flash top left corner of the box. Our friend from Cartmel lists the one he has for sale (£95) as R367 on the title but R369 in the text, though as can be seen from his photo the box carries the same flash. Googling R369 brings up the same green dmu but in a train pack box, without the flash. Cartmel has another green dmu this time correctly described as an R369 for sale too (£110); I suspect he's just copied the wrong number across to the 'cheaper' (ha!) one.

Edited by Neil

I've got a couple of those GF coach kits...including one in the box!

It really is a shame that the tooling for the Kitmaster coaches hasn't been re-used by Airfix, or Dapol....I wonder where the tools are now?

In fact what has happened to all the Kitmaster tools that have never re-surfaced...Diesel Shunter, Stirling Single, the continental stuff, USA stuff, etc....?

• RMweb Gold

Following the feedback for our friend from Cartmel it transpires he bought this Hornby DMU late last month; could it be this one he now has for sale? It seems to have the missing buffers mentioned in the initial sellers description.

The dents in the polystyrene packing are the same! ..................

I've got a couple of those GF coach kits...including one in the box!

It really is a shame that the tooling for the Kitmaster coaches hasn't been re-used by Airfix, or Dapol....I wonder where the tools are now?

In fact what has happened to all the Kitmaster tools that have never re-surfaced...Diesel Shunter, Stirling Single, the continental stuff, USA stuff, etc....?

I understand that they have all been destroyed*. Judging by the windows in one of my coaches, the tooling was rather worn. Luckily there appear to be plenty still around, though most appear to have been assembled. The excellent fit of the parts usually results in a minimum of glue having been used and they can be readily dismantled for reassembly properly. (a current project - along with a quantity of mostly Airfix 16T mineral wagons). Some cutting and splicing is in progress to correct the window spacing on the CKs and produce a few more variants such as BG, FK, BSO, & BCK. Needless to say. I don't pay anything like Cartmel's prices!

I threw out the GF coach kit I had years ago though the bogies are still around somewhere. I do have some of the earlier and later R-T-R examples though.

*Apparently the Duchess fell victim to a large hammer! :O