EBay madness

Marcyg

A 'rare' Rovex collectable - at least a straight one is! :)

They are usually bought as a source of spare buffers (at about 50p from the bargain box), but someone has been there already.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

A 'rare' Rovex collectable - at least a straight one is! :)

They are usually bought as a source of spare buffers (at about 50p from the bargain box), but someone has been there already.

You have to wonder at what the point is. Surely there is a time to just drop an item in the bin?

I actually have 2 of these - a later version with different couplers, but the bogies are wrecked, from trying to remove the wheelsets from them.

£8.00 economy delivery? 

Quite. Whilst we all have to accept that Royal Mail's recent increases are not good for the wallet, sadly some vendors are taking the you-know-what...

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

£8.00 economy delivery?

Definitely trying to inflate the profits!

The places I buy from usually charge about £4 for 1st class non signed and £8 for 24hr guaranteed recorded!

Keith

Oh come on " THE TRAINS HOWEVER ARE IN FINE CONDITION" !

Only missing the front bogie, all the motion, the wheels appear damaged, the tender paintwork and transfers are worn...etc.....etc.. I hate to think what his 'poor condiition' are like!

Tony

Edited by Rail-Online

You have to wonder at what the point is. Surely there is a time to just drop an item in the bin?

I actually have 2 of these - a later version with different couplers, but the bogies are wrecked, from trying to remove the wheelsets from them.

There were two at the boot sale yesterday (the later polystyrene type) in authentic weathered livery (ie faded). They stayed there! There is no need to wreck the bogies though, the axle just pushes out of the wheels - a suitable drift from the side with the with that's loose on the axle).

"0-4-0 diesel could be a Clayton class 14". Now I know how to word a lonely hearts ad - "two arms and two legs could be Brad Pitt".

It's actually being sent using 'Hermes tracked', but the costs are comparable with Royal Mail, so £8 is rather OTT. Still it is for charity.....

No comment on the price, I've no idea what these are worth, but why is a Terrier paired with what appears to be an O1 Tender?!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westminster-Collection-Silver-Plated-Pewter-Model-of-LB-SCR-No-72-Fenchurch-/130916287517?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item1e7b38041d

Anything goes with 'Heirloom' collector's items. As to worth, usually a (small) fraction what was paid for it.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

There were two at the boot sale yesterday (the later polystyrene type) in authentic weathered livery (ie faded). They stayed there! There is no need to wreck the bogies though, the axle just pushes out of the wheels - a suitable drift from the side with the with that's loose on the axle).

It all occurred more years ago than I care to remember. :protest:

Can anyone answer me this question which has been bugging me for some time now. It has to do with Virgin Trains Hornby MK2 coaches being sold at pretty high prices for an old model which has been discontinued by Hornby for some time. I know it is discontinued but why at the high prices. I mean in desperate need to build my Virgin Trains collection for some time as I have only got a MK2 brake and 2 MK3 coaches and 1 HST set of power cars.

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, but didn't know where to right this

Can anyone answer me this question which has been bugging me for some time now. It has to do with Virgin Trains Hornby MK2 coaches being sold at pretty high prices for an old model which has been discontinued by Hornby for some time. I know it is discontinued but why at the high prices. I mean in desperate need to build my Virgin Trains collection for some time as I have only got a MK2 brake and 2 MK3 coaches and 1 HST set of power cars.

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, but didn't know where to right this

There are probably many people like you looking for these coaches. The demand outweighs the supply therefor the price goes up. It is the same with the Intercity coaches  (swallow/executive & blue&grey) 

• RMweb Premium

I presume you mean TSO's? Due to the vagaries of production runs - same number of each base model, and demand for the TSO's being higher to make prototypical train rakes, it means that brakes and firsts are usually found in abundance on the auction sites and second hand stalls, when compared to standard opens, no matter what the colour or type.

A trawl of the stands at the recent Derby Show for Airfix/Dapol aircon Mk2's revealed one SO, about 5 FO's and 8 BSO's.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

I presume you mean TSO's? Due to the vagaries of production runs - same number of each base model, and demand for the TSO's being higher to make prototypical train rakes, it means that brakes and firsts are usually found in abundance on the auction sites and second hand stalls, when compared to standard opens, no matter what the colour or type.

A trawl of the stands at the recent Derby Show for Airfix/Dapol aircon Mk2's revealed one SO, about 5 FO's and 8 BSO's.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks for clearing that for me. So I doubt I will ever get MK2 coaches in Virgin Trains livery any time soon because of the high price. Saving up is in need or wait for the prices to go down

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Mick

So isn't time the manufacturers thought of that? Perhaps for every 100 FO/BSO, maybe 150 TSO?