EBay madness

Marcyg

Works both ways-$1 is about 65p at the moment. It was 69p last month, and I'm kicking myself for not buying some bits back then.

And just to keep with the theme...http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Classic-Hobbies-HO-NSWGR-C32-Steam-Locomotive-Code-No-AR-14-/181135861116?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item2a2c89e57c

...and to think that I bought a 2nd hand 'painted and numbered' brass 32 Class years ago for under $400... I'd say I'd have to get atleast $2000+ for my brass streamlined 38 Class by the looks of this ! Will be interesting to watch...

Cheers, Gary.

... but no chains which surely would have been required to secure that load in transit?

Very strong chains, as it's out of gauge and well above the load limit for the wagon (which is a piece of H0 rubbish from Jouef/Playcraft).

Otherwise a bag to carry the lot out to the bin!

EDIT Lots more of the same sort of (s)crap!

Perhaps we should start a society for the prevention of cruelty to old trains?

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

Not surprised at all Colin.

I auctioned some Wrenn locos a while ago and many 'bidders' seemed obsessed with the condition of the boxes. This lot is obviously in really 'mint' condition and thus desirable to those, shall we say, obsessive collectors.

All daft nonetheless!

Perhaps they want the collectable* wagons they're sitting on?

* Or at least they were until disfigured with daubs of paint!

(I doubt any of the City class ever got into anything appraoching that state.

Pedantically, I would wonder why they bothered to replace the tender axleboxes, having removed the wheels.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

...then again, you could sell off the loco body and tender for spares and with the few $$/££ made, you could buy some decent bogies for the well wagon and flat wagon...

Edited by gazmanjack

• RMweb Gold

He must have a huge supply of bogies and spare wheels. Mind you, like you say, they keep selling, so someone wants them.

How much!!!!!!!!

I must pick up some junk at the next fair......... Come to think of it, I've got a box of Kitmaster and Airfix bits and a tired Tri-ang well wagon!

Edited by Il Grifone