1/8 Scale Operational Railroading

I agree, but that's true "Narrow Gauge", right? As opposed to a garden railway is what I mean...

If you look at the screen when the video for White Creek RR ends you'll find "Part 2".

Best, Pete.

yes ....narrow gauge .....but, is in someones backyard ...as your original question ....and I get to play with it now and again. :wub:

Regards Trevor .... :sungum:

That is awesome, thanks for posting that video. Very enjoyable with great surroundings. Really liking all the modelled (built?) lineside industries. Flat car with John Deere tractors v cool. Just out of curiousity tho what are the white tipped posts he keeps tapping? Something to do with signalling? Anyway happy days, cheers

That is one SERIOUS model railroad! Just watched parts 1-5 and there are more! - Oh for the space and the money - I guess that goes up near the top of the list if I win the Euro-Millions lottery!

If you do then also build Chalets in the woods for all your pals to come visit and play!

Just watched part 3 - even better than part 1, Girder Bridge, lakeside, two tunnels, Trestles etc.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Here's the trackplan: Track Layout : White Creek Railroad Online

Best, Pete.

S*dit, typical US job using far larger rooms than we are likely to have available but clearly designed with US style operations in mind clear. And not much good for me with the gradients I would have to face as my trees at the bottom of the garden are on a near vertical bank plus the main bit of garden has a 1 in something atrocious slope in it which is even something of a challenge for a tracked mini-digger.

It's on 100 acres. 5 miles of mainline, 2 miles of passing loops. 285 turnouts.

That's half his land; 40 more acres are his "Company" the rest is "wet". He is probably a horticulturalist of some kind, I suggest.

Best, Pete.

I think the post-tops, when tapped, throw a switch that sets the next passing track to red for traffic in the opposite direction to prevent corn-field meets, and basically show "section occupied! to traffi vehind too

Cheers up there from downunder here!

Glenn

Did you se the 1/8 scale Soo boxcar?

No. I just skipped through the first clip to be honest. In fact the sight of grown men sitting very solemnly on small boxcars rather made me laugh... am I the only one to think they look faintly ridiculous..?? :scratchhead: ;)

/Heretic Mode OFF

• RMweb Gold

Not all miniature railway people are that jolly. Years ago we had quite a few trips to the Swiss Vapeur Park. All the staff out running the trains were great but the man polishing his engine in the shed didn't seem too overjoyed when a small child asked him why his loco was painted in LMS livery when the real one never had been!

I thought I would share something similar with the Willow Creek Railroad (part of the Antique Powerland Museum complex) just north of Salem, oregon. They had an open day there last autumn as part of the Smithsonian Free Museum day. As the blurb states on their website, "Over a twenty five year period, this group has built an operating miniature railroad that features scaled operating replicas of steam and diesel locomotives. Riders sit on the cars. Of great interest to the younger set, this railroad setting includes complete landscaping, replica buildings, and a mile of track." and of course a few pictures!

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

Archived