Recent photos from Sweethome Alabama

Very nice photos Jon as is the YouTube footage. Do you have an operating procedure or is it as you go along?

Andy

So far, operation is very much 'as you like it', mainly because I haven't had time to introduce car cards. My operators have commented that SWA is much more relaxing to operate during a show than Sweethome Chicago, because of the relative freedom to switch cars that car cards doesn't give.

I'd still like to introduce some kind of system to spot cars, though

Jon

great pictures.. but then, having seen it at nottingham for the first time, it's a great layout! The scenic work in particular is just brilliant. (Hopefully those spiders ?!?! will be in place next time I catch it) :O

great pictures.. but then, having seen it at nottingham for the first time, it's a great layout! The scenic work in particular is just brilliant. (Hopefully those spiders ?!?! will be in place next time I catch it) :O

Son Steve painted some spiders, squirrels and hedgehogs up on Sunday afternoon, but we never got them added

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

The other loco is the Norfolk Southern SD40-2 that had the access doors on the left side re-hung upside down. Again the loco is Paragon from Broadway

IMG_23711.JPG

IMG_23702.JPG

IMG_23631.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

Both locos still need the underframes and trucks weathering and the plastic horns on the NS loco have already fallen off, so need to be replaced

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

The other loco is the Norfolk Southern SD40-2 that had the access doors on the left side re-hung upside down. ....

IMG_23711.JPG

Ha ha ha!! Love it!! As if it wasn't obvious which way up the doors should've gone..!! :rolleyes: :D What a great loco to model!

• 2 weeks later...

I got some weathering done today in preparation for shooting some footage for a new music video...this time by a band called 'Coast' (with permission of the composer, who's a fellow modeller)

IMG_25131.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_25091.JPG

The 'COAST' graffiti matches the cover of their first album, from which the song I'm using, is taken.

Watch this space

Jon

Jon

looking good,it was nice to meet up at the weekend,hope "FRED" was ok!!!!!!

Ray

from deepest west cumbria

Hello Ray,

Yes, FRED's fine and will be in the upcoming video. Got talked into buying something at a real knockdown price, but I think I got my scales slightly wrong

1235.jpg

Jon :)

Jon

I know what it is, that hopper it's pulling is far to modern!!!!! :scratchhead: :locomotive:

Don't tell me another layout, G scale American civil war, the layout room must be getting full by know.

There was some good stuff at good prices, it was difinitely worth the trip,might do it more often

Ray :stinker:

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi All,

Don't forget you can see Sweethome Alabama at....

Modelrail Scotland 2013

SECC Glasgow

post-6887-0-72859200-1356892774.gif

http://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/ex2013amrss.html

Advance Tickets available

http://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/tickets.html

See you at the show!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sweethome Alabama is on tour this weekend at St Albans.

Come along and say hello,just follow the sound of the Banjo (yepi i aye) and have a crack,there will be a translator present to help you out with the multitude of Northern accents (all passports stamped),also the "layout doctor" will be there giving out useless information,

and not to mention one of the best scenic American layouts about.

Ray

OfficIal publicity officer for JG RAILROADS

Archived