Recent photos from Sweethome Alabama

Now the layout is back up, I thought I'd take some new photos showing areas which are not normally seen from the front of the layout. The subjects are an Intermountain U18B and an Athearn CF7, as yet unweathered or sound-fitted.

midsouth-3.jpg

midsouth-1.jpg

u18b-2.jpg

u18b_-_4.jpg

And one from the front

midsouth-4.jpg

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics Jon - is the CF7 from a real shortline , or freelance?

Hi Supaned,

It certainly is!

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=34828&nseq=49

The Midsouth used mainly GP10's (Padusah rebuilds, ex Illinois Central [Gulf?]) and a few CF7's and was a rather interesting road. I only know about it as it initially connected to the KCS - until 1994 when the KCS took over!

Jon,

Well modelled, Sir!

Cheers,

John E.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I don't know much at all about US railroads and even less about the short lines. But these photos are amongst the best that I have ever seen of a layout. More weathering on the locos and stock and it would be hard to see that it's a model.

Jon's previous layout, Sweethome Chicago, appeared at our show back in 2009. This year he's returning with Sweethome Alabama - in its extended form. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to see it before he added the extension, so, like most, I'm now really looking forward to seeing this truly inspirational layout. Not long to go now !

Ian

Jon hope you had a safe trip back up north on Sunday. It was good exhibiting next to you. We were a trifle worried on Friday that the sound might be intusive Locos that is not banjo) But the only time I heard it was late on Sunday when the hall was pretty empty. Layout looked really good.

Jon hope you had a safe trip back up north on Sunday. It was good exhibiting next to you. We were a trifle worried on Friday that the sound might be intusive Locos that is not banjo) But the only time I heard it was late on Sunday when the hall was pretty empty. Layout looked really good.

Thanks Alan.

We were home, unpacked and put away by 8.45pm. Had a great weekend and was stuffed to the gills on sandwiches, pies and cake. Will no doubt see you in the smoking room at another show soon :sungum:

Jon

Archived