Β 

• RMweb Gold

http://qsisolutions.com/products/techinfo/revolution/q-revo_codes_diesel.html

Β 

Scroll down to RDC! Available from Tony's Train Exchange, a very reliable international seller in Vermont, who happens to be at the same address as QSI Solutions, for whom Tony Parisi acts as front-of-house. I have a dozen or more QSI products and am very happy.

• RMweb Gold

I have a couple of HO RDCs, but I'm not sure they've ever done much on the layout. One is brass, but has a truly awful mechanism. The other is Proto, which is much better detailed, of course, if you can stand plastic. Neither cost very much. They sit in the pending pile, really.

• RMweb Gold

I have 2 of the Proto 1000 Budd railcar but stripped the motors out of them as on Fort Myers they are top and tailed by locos as per the real Seminole Gulf Coast Railway do (or certainly did in the 1990's).

Β 

When I asked why they didn't run under their own power I was told that the power units were converted to run the air con!

Β 

Ian

If you are really nuts, there is this one in N: http://www.katousa.c...E-NRDC-Jet.html

Β 

Adrian

Β 

I bought a B-36 Peacemaker kit (supposedly the biggest plastic aeroplane kit ever made) just to get the jet engine pod to convert an HO RDC. The 1:72 engines are a bit overscale but might just about look OK. However, I chickened out of ruining an expensive kit just in order to ruin a relatively inexpensive RDC! Anyone want a 1:72 Peacemaker kit?

CHRIS LEIGH

Anyone want a 1:72 Peacemaker kit?

Β 

Already have one in the collection of unbuilt kits (along with a B-47, a B-52, an XB-70, and at least one B-58).

Β 

I'd agree it is probably the largest 1/72 kit and may even be the largest plastic aircraft model. It is shorter than my 1/72 XB-70 kit, but much bulkier.

Β 

Adrian

Archived