Β 

It's almost as if Kalmbach are watching, I've just recieved an e-mail containing a link to a survey asking for feedback on GMR 2012....

Big Brother is watching. . . :secret:

Β 

I liked the Soo Line layout -- as a Soo fan should. I also particulary like Keith Jordan's Santa Fe switching layout. Hopefully the next time I'm in Kansas City, I'll get to operate on The Patch.

... I also particulary like Keith Jordan's Santa Fe switching layout. Hopefully the next time I'm in Kansas City, I'll get to operate on The Patch.

Β 

Cool, That I would like to do. My original comment on the quality of this issue was not intended as a reflection on "The Patch" - it was more the case that welcome though the new article was, it came too soon after the big write up in Model Railroad Planning. Still wish I could have a shot on Keith's layout though!

Β 

Perhaps if you do get over there, you could give us a write up once you're done Signalmaintainer? I'd also be interested to know what progress he's made on his new basement layout - looking forward to reading more about that in future.

Β 

Cool, That I would like to do. My original comment on the quality of this issue was not intended as a reflection on "The Patch" - it was more the case that welcome though the new article was, it came too soon after the big write up in Model Railroad Planning. Still wish I could have a shot on Keith's layout though!

Β 

Perhaps if you do get over there, you could give us a write up once you're done Signalmaintainer? I'd also be interested to know what progress he's made on his new basement layout - looking forward to reading more about that in future.

I'd be happy to provide an update if it's OK with Keith.

Bought GMR today. I buy it every year, mainly, as Kris said, to be impressed by the size and operational possibilties of the huge layouts; These are model railways that actually go from somewhere to somewhere, via somewhere else. Disappointing, as has been said, to see the fundamental error of the trains on the UK layout running (mainly) on the right.

Β 

Although, as has also been said, it is amazing to see coverage of non-North American railways in the first place. Overall, GMR is well worth Β£3.95.

Archived