Bacup - Mills in the hills

Jason T

• RMweb Premium

Something's changed.....

Everyone knows me as Jason rather than Sandside (a login name which doesn't really make much sense if we're honest) so I've asked Andy to change my login name.

So may I say 'hello, I am Jason'

:)

• Like 13

Something's changed.....

Everyone knows me as Jason rather than Sandside (a login name which doesn't really make much sense if we're honest) so I've asked Andy to change my login name.

You should have done a Prince and changed it to post-7745-0-04755400-1410883564.jpg - the modeller formerly known as Sandside.

• RMweb Gold

Something's changed.....

Well, if the cap fits...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have been thinking about it for a while. I find it odd at exhibitions when people ask me if I am Sandside and instantly say 'Yes, I'm Jason', I introduce myself as Jason, most people on here know my name anyway and it will be a long, long time until I model Sandside.

Oh, and I originally come from Storth and not Sandside, although the latter is only 1/2 mile down the road :)

• Like 2

Something's changed.....

Hi Jason

Good to have a natter or two last Saturday.

Funny you should change your log in as Andy and  I were discussing log ins yesterday.

Why do people choose such obscure log in names ?

Are they all closet modellers even the 'EM modeller' in the above post. :O

There were a number of RMweb members at expoEM North last weekend (going off their posts) but they were too shy to say hello.

Mines easy  my name + my gauge + my house number.

Funny innit ?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Did you know that Wordsell had a house in Arnside, about 2 miles away from Storth and deep in Furness Railway territory?

See, even he preferred the west side of the Pennines :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have been thinking about it for a while. I find it odd at exhibitions when people ask me if I am Sandside and instantly say 'Yes, I'm Jason', I introduce myself as Jason, most people on here know my name anyway and it will be a long, long time until I model Sandside.

Oh, and I originally come from Storth and not Sandside, although the latter is only 1/2 mile down the road :)

Now I thought it was always the wifey who changed her name when she got married, these modern times :dontknow:

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear... I wish I'd read this before I posted this on the RMWeb Live thread:

"Of course it would be made even better if we could persuade the likes of Jason/Sandside/Bacup from the latest issue to detach his layout from the walls of his home and get it out and about :)"

I could have saved my fingers from having to type the middle bit!

Hello Jason!!

Something's changed.....

Can I just say....it really stumped me at first...having not read it here. first...I was thinking.....who on earth is Jason T. LOL

I had to read an entry or two to 'get it' :jester:

Nice to meet you.......thankfully...my light bulb is now fully lit. :sungum:

edit = No messing with the avatar.....a step too far :triniti: .......

Edited by Jaz

Hi Jason

I'm Freebs, I mean Lee, I mean...

er...

funny - you get to "know" people on here, as their logins, then you start signing off with your real name - but then of course, some people are really cagey about their real selves.  I think I'm one of the more confusing login names - it's based on a shortening of a login I had on another forum, which in itself was a combination of the names of my (now sadly deceased) three cats

Something's changed.....

Nice one Jason, it was good meeting up at EMexpo North last weekend for a chat, although I think Polly did most of that.

I was thinking of changing my login but didn't know if it was possible, however what to change it to, there's already 50 something Ray variants.

I've no idea where 'Tender' came from, I think it may have been a hangover from another forum.

Ray. (or Ray W maybe)

• Like 1

Nice one Jason, it was good meeting up at EMexpo North last weekend for a chat, although I think Polly did most of that.

I was thinking of changing my login but didn't know if it was possible, however what to change it to, there's already 50 something Ray variants.

I've no idea where 'Tender' came from, I think it may have been a hangover from another forum.

Ray. (or Ray W maybe)

Ray, if you change yours to Bodgit, then I can retire, hahhaha

Polly could changes hers to The Tea Maker, ahhaha :no: :no: :no:

Ducking for cover already, ahahha

Bodge

Ray, if you change yours to Bodgit, then I can retire, hahhaha

Polly could changes hers to The Tea Maker, ahhaha :no: :no: :no:

Ducking for cover already, ahahha

Bodge

I thought you already had, retired that is, my turn next.

Ray.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jason, just had to interrupt my autumn saturday night routine ( Reading a model railway mag whilst the lovely wife watches x factor ) to say congratulations on a wonderful layout and a very readable article in BRM.

Lovely northern grot, a tardis like use of space and a real coherence and consistency in the modelling skills.

I suspect I wont be the only new follower you get as a result of appearing in print.