Bacup - Mills in the hills

Jason T

Election fraud, eh? In order to demonstrate your undoubted even-handedness, couldn't you have added something like, "Other layouts are available"?

Or my preferred, parenthetical version, "Other layouts are available - apparently."

No contest, some would say ;-)

Cheers,

BR(W).

Jason, I hesitate to criticise anything about the immensely impressive Bacup, and of course I'm wary of the challenge “Well, show us what you've done, then” - indeed I cannot. If, despite that, I may comment on the coppery cast in the images in post 2580; does this result from the colour of the walls, and would a different hue alter that reflected by the layout? I have seen skies that colour, when I was clerking at the Shepcote Lane Rolling Mills, Tinsley, in pre–Clean Air Act (1968) days – God knows what state my lungs are in now, after breathing in all that toxic effluvia – but I think that those over a Pennine mill town would be rather more neutral. I can't remember whether it was William (Just William) or Jennings (Jennings Goes to School) who debated with his friends the colour of his handkerchief and finally decided on “pale black”, but something in the grey scale with a touch of warmth might be appropriate.

I've taken the liberty of applying my photo processor's “instant fix” to one of your pictures -

post-7286-0-10006400-1404760294.jpg

How does that compare to the layout?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, I must echo others who have said that those latest photo's are stunning - for that is what they are - stunning(and I voted for your layout). The WD 2-8-0 is an remarkable example of weathering, along with the wagons.

All the best,

Market65.

How does that compare to the layout?

Good.

Jason and I spent ages trying to get his SLR to recognise a neutral grey for White Balancing but the camera just won't have it for some odd reason. We also tried manual temperature adjustments but could not get a good compromise setting.

A few more pics please Jason, two's not quite enough I need a few more if you want my vote. :locomotive:  :laugh_mini:

Nice work on those hoppers the weathering looks great.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Thanks Jaz, the view out from under the road bridge was really good for pics, unfortunately most of mine were blurred.

Here a few more that I don't think have been seen before.

post-9335-0-24111900-1404823389_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-15093700-1404823529_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-13015500-1404823945_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Yes, that B&W photo' is outstanding and indeed should be the thread header shot! I've rarely seen a photo' as good as that. Excellent work and effort.

All the best,

Market65.