The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

The South Yorkshire Police HQ is on Letsby Avenue in Sheffield.

It's on some maps (including Google) as such (it's the operations complex rather than the HQ, near the ex-airport not far from Tinsley yards).

Disappointingly, every time I've been over there, there's not been any street sign actually on the ground.

And their own website http://www.southyorks.police.uk/content/collision-records

omits it:

When officers attend a road traffic collision they write-up the details and put them together with other relevant material into an official record. [/size]

Insurers and solicitors can request to see a record that relates to their case by writing to:

Accident Records

Operations Complex

Europa Link

Sheffield

S9 1XX

Also, the Sheffield council planning map at

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/spatialDisplay.do?action=display&searchType=Application

shows the road as Europa Link, as does the OS Maps app on my phone.

Is it a map-maker's joke?

Edited by eastwestdivide

• RMweb Premium

There's a Lettsby Avenue inside the shopping centre in Grantham, no idea if it appears on maps but very much doubt it

Is there an Oi street/road? That seems a common call that went out on The Bill, when a copper saw a wanted offender across a busy street. Naturally he'd take off, but after managing to cross the road dodging traffic, a much older unfit copper (example PC Stamp) would successfully chase after a 20 year old, athletic black man!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Is there an Oi street/road? That seems a common call that went out on The Bill, when a copper saw a wanted offender across a busy street. Naturally he'd take off, but after managing to cross the road dodging traffic, a much older unfit copper (example PC Stamp) would successfully chase after a 20 year old, athletic black man!

Bit like the "Cannon" series when the seriously overweight Frank Cannon could always catch the young athletic baddie.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

post-7286-0-99493200-1516545015.jpg

It's not clear what's meant to be stationary, here.

The Lottery?

If it's the Post Office itself, I can vouch for the sign's

accuracy; I've lived nearby for about forty years, and

the PO hasn't budged an inch in all that time.

Edited by bluebottle
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifPost Office.jpg

It's not clear what's meant to be stationary, here.

The Lottery?

If it's the Post Office itself, I can vouch for the sign's

accuracy; I've lived nearby for about forty years, and

the PO hasn't budged an inch in all that time.

Sending letters and parcels is conspicuous by its absence. Unless they have a separate 'worst for' list?

• RMweb Premium

I believe "Royal Mail" and "Post Office" are separate entities but I'm not sure what the distinction is.

Royal Mail is the letter collection and delivery service. Post Office provide the over-the-counter retail operation.

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

There was a German restaurant & cuckoo clock shop nearby by that has recently closed down.

On the board outside, the type with the removable letters, it previously said 'Closed'. Now someone has added the letters 'Kaput' to it!

I'll take a photo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...