The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.04da9120ca253e36c2a5e724094df396.png

OK, I think I've nearly figured it out. One of the Rolling Stones has retired to the seaside, and opened a bakery. Hence the Rolling Stones logo. But it's somewhere with sand dunes and a coven of witches.

Braunton Burrows, Devon?

West Beach, Littlehampton?

Camber Sands, East Sussex?

Freshwater West, Pembrokeshire?

😋

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Specialities of the house?

All Sold Out

Brown Sugar

Champagne and Reefer

Loving Cup

Pass the Wine

Potted Shrimp

Take It or Leave It

This Place Is Empty

You Can't Always Get What You Want

And for the Complaints Department, "I can't get no satisfaction".

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 5

I received this wonderful leaflet from the NHS to show me how to take a stool sample.

606389190_1stoolsample.jpg.a4f7842021fca8e30131671e8ccef5d5.jpg

Although there could be a valid reason for suggesting the cling film option, I cannot think of anything sensible, and it looks to me as if the graphics department are having a laugh.  Knowing that the 'powers that be' who will check their work are only interested in making sure the NHS logo is the correct size, colour, typeface and position, and can't be bothered to actually check the wording, I think they have thrown in a couple on dubious suggestions and they have got past the checkers, even though they are not mentioned anywhere else in the leaflet. It is nice that they have helpfully added "remember to leave a dip", but did anyone notice that grape cartons usually have drainage holes?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

It's a joke.  The genuine, Irish version:- ...snip...

Knowing what I read about your NHS ........................

We have a product here called Cologuard, easy to use and, for what one is doing, quite sanitary. The first time it took me several weeks to get up the courage to poo in a box. This time, it took almost two weeks as the sample kit arrived a day or so before I was leaving on a week-long+ trip to a train show and the annual national insulator collectors meet. Done a day or so after I got back.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

This time, it took almost two weeks as the sample kit arrived a day or so before I was leaving on a week-long+ trip to a train show and the annual national insulator collectors meet. Done a day or so after I got back.

I had to read that twice. First time, I was worried you have a very serious case of constipation.

• Funny 7

1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

We have a product here called Cologuard, easy to use and, for what one is doing, quite sanitary. The first time it took me several weeks to get up the courage to poo in a box.

Is it any good for cats?  . ... we're trying to ours from thinking outside the box.   The rather aptly named Pooh has a knack of climbing into the litter try with his front feet leaving the rear end outside.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

What I couldn't understand in Pennsylvania was that Lancaster was east of York - and Reading was north of both of them.

Someone held the map upside down?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

What I couldn't understand in Pennsylvania was that Lancaster was east of York - and Reading was north of both of them.

Doesn't that suggest that whoever installed Pennsylvania, put it in the wrong way up? 🤡

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5