The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

I'm reminded of the episode of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue that was recorded in the Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds. Humph said the panellists had only come because they thought they'd been invited to bury Noel Edmonds.

There would be a long queue if that had been the case.

steve

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

47 minutes ago, SHMD said:

Other than it "being a sign of the times", shouldn't that be in the Driving Standards thread?

Kev.

A 'sign of the times' indeed - instead of offering to help, people point and laugh, film it on their phones & post it on YouTube. :jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

21 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

The classic and genuine. 

spacer.png

Almost as good as the Ugley Women's Institute, now boringly renamed the Women's Institute of Ugley, so no signs any more.

But Essex farmers have not taken the hint and still turn up unshaven wearing tatty old trousers held up by baler twine  ....

E1b9_swWQAElj2g.jpg

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

A 'sign of the times' indeed - instead of offering to help, people point and laugh, film it on their phones & post it on YouTube. :jester:

To be fair, I don't think anyone passing by could do anything useful by hand. Well and truly stuck, needs a tow....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ramblin Rich said:

To be fair, I don't think anyone passing by could do anything useful by hand. Well and truly stuck, needs a tow....

I disagree, a few on the back pushing and lifting should get it away.

Just needs to take a run at the second flight so as not to get stuck again:jester:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Almost as good as the Ugley Women's Institute, now boringly renamed the Women's Institute of Ugley, so no signs any more.

But Essex farmers have not taken the hint and still turn up unshaven wearing tatty old trousers held up by baler twine  ....

E1b9_swWQAElj2g.jpg

3 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Cf. the sister organisation in the village of Flash, Staffordshire.

Not forgetting the Loose Womens Institute (near Maidstone).

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 07/11/2021 at 18:44, melmerby said:

I disagree, a few on the back pushing and lifting should get it away.

Just needs to take a run at the second flight so as not to get stuck again:jester:

I disagree, better to leave so the police can have a "word" with the driver, might take an incapable one off the road.

• Agree 4