The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

A sign in SE London:

catford.jpg

Location and phone number included on the docket for verification! Another in the "Only in Australia" category ;)

image002.gif

Australian car sticker:

040048.jpg

Also "Only in Australia" where it should say "Local Police are now targeting <insert offence of choice>"

41985d1193651006-ideas-police-now-t.jpg

This one's an internet standard:

creek.jpg

Telling it like it is - Queensland Rail style:

040095.jpg

Partially re-lettered Melbourne tram which should say "Moving Melbourne"

030128.jpg

This one also pops up on the internet from time to time:

302541_10150342194632720_675247719_7834879_1056828961_n.jpg

• Like 4

Picture the following, a Japenese ship owned by the Yamashita Line is berthed alongside in Sydney. A British ship of the NZSCo berths nearby, and after some merriment ashore jolly jack thinks it would be a great wheeze to break out some black paint and then lower the jolly boat to alter the "YAMASHITA LINE" writing on the hull of the Japanese ship...

.post-9382-0-78345700-1348834373.jpg

Edited by Bon Accord
  • Like 15

My Grandparents had a little wooden plaque above their small toilet, reading: "Ladies, Please remain seated during the whole performance. Gentleman, Please stand a little closer, it may be shorter than you think!"

At my wife's grandparent's there is a cross stitch in the bathroom that says the following:

Lower the seat,

Ladies Present

A wet behind

Is most unpleasant

Kings Cross after the new concourse opened (if the window has moved, how come I took a pic of it in the old position?)

post-2049-0-36480300-1348831361.jpg

Chatteris (Cambs Working Men's Club)

- do you know any dogs that smoke?

post-2049-0-48969000-1348831435.jpg

The club`s pet Beagle will be gutted! :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

There are some at my place of work unwilling/unable to use urinals. Raise the seat you gotta be joking :triniti:

And their aim is useless as well :no:

Something to do with "low rise" trousers I assume, where the flies are too low to be of any use!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Nothing Australian about that sticker, its an American one. Usually seen with a phone number or web address.

I'm sure is universal. My (somewhat hasty) photo was snapped in Winchelsea, Australia.

• 1 month later...

On the reception desk of a hotel in Bellingham, Washington State:

post-1771-0-31924700-1353121013.jpg

It's explained by this view of the back of the hotel:

post-1771-0-22315200-1353121121.jpg

and while the passing of an Amtrak train may be 'brief', a 100+ car BNSF coal train with 3 General Electric C44-9Ws on the front and 2 pushing takes a bit more time. (It sounded lovely!)

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Which should by logic be for the use of only one sex. Interestingly "Bisex Toilets" might have altogether the wrong sound to it ;)

I suppose that a 'disabled toilet' would have had the seat removed and be without its flushing handle! :mosking: