The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

So you haven't bitten the ends off a chocolate finger and used it as a straw then?

Now, that, sir, is a rather interesting idea.  I think it would work well with dark chocolate and rum...  Probably of limited value with hot drinks because of the melt issue and the biscuit going soggy too quickly and blocking the 'straw', but rum, or possibly vodka, definite potential!

You would lose a good bit of the spirit soaked into the biscuit, but you'd get it back at the end when you have to eat the finger.  Ok, I'm going to have to try this sometime; i'll let you know, if I can type in the aftermath...

• Like 6
  • Funny 4

8 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

So you haven't bitten the ends off a chocolate finger and used it as a straw then?

Very common in Oz - with Tim Tams and coffee - or for chocolate overload hot chocolate. The hot liquid melts through the chocolate filling in the Tim Tam.

53 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Now, that, sir, is a rather interesting idea.  I think it would work well with dark chocolate and rum...  Probably of limited value with hot drinks because of the melt issue and the biscuit going soggy too quickly and blocking the 'straw', but rum, or possibly vodka, definite potential!

Go ahead and try it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Honestly, I do nor ever remember seeing that over here, but I almost always shop in the big food store chains.

I live in North Georgia and spent 20 years in Northwest Florida.  I’ve seen grocer’s apostrophes constantly.  Although not necessarily in grocery stores.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Martino said:

I live in North Georgia and spent 20 years in Northwest Florida.  I’ve seen grocer’s apostrophes constantly.  Although not necessarily in grocery stores.

Now that I looked up "grocer’s apostrophe" on DuckDuckGo, I know what the term refers to and have seen that many times!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Welchester said:

She’s obviously an old woman, but that’s rather disrespectful. 

Mature is the respectful word you are looking for. 

In which case, which of these ladies is Cheddar and which Chives?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

And one missing that should be there!

Maximum score....

At least they're consistent - it's even worse when some are correct and some aren't. I saw one in a cafe a couple of weeks ago that had "scones" on one menu board, and "scone's" on the other...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Nick C said:

I saw one in a cafe a couple of weeks ago that had "scones" on one menu board, and "scone's" on the other...

"Do you want scones with or without apostrophe?"

That's even before you have to decide on jam first or cream first...

• Funny 8

4 hours ago, Nick C said:

At least they're consistent - it's even worse when some are correct and some aren't. I saw one in a cafe a couple of weeks ago that had "scones" on one menu board, and "scone's" on the other...

In a greasy spoon café this morning, they were advertising "chicken" curry. I didn't ask what was in it.

• Like 1