The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, BluenGreyAnorak said:

That chart is a travesty - it's lacking the king of biscuits, the chocolate hob nob!

They are mentioned in the text as a variety of hobnob. I think that's fair enough or else all the varieties of standard biscuits would need covering, preferably in dark chocolate.

Alan

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I would argue that Viennese Whirls are more cake than biscuit; a biscuity cake or a cakey biscuit.  They are related in my feeble brain to scones, as in Cornish Cream Tea, and those are definitely cakes, aren't they.  Hang on, I'll just have another one to make sure...

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Or putting jam in a Custard Cream?

Which might be getting dangerously close to the old Devonshire -v- Cornish preferences.

Fox's Jam 'n' Cream. Raspberry & Vanilla.

Jam is upwards, but there's biscuit top and bottom so it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Drifting a bit further when I was at school (60+ years ago) we used to get a bag of broken biscuits for 2d. (Thats two old pennies.)

£1.50 a kg bag in melton, about the going rate from the likes of B&M and heron foods (same company) too who also sell them 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

No, they're not Nice, they're Custard Creams. 

Taxi?

Don't like Nice biscuits, either. They're not nice!

Anything with coconut in it is revolting...

Taxi, yes.  But why call it a "Taxi"?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, big jim said:

a whole page and a half of biscuit chat from one photo! 

Could be worse better, we could be talking about GREEN PANNIERS!

Edited by J. S. Bach
To edit the post
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

So that means that the maroon ones are ripe? And can be smelt a mile or more away? 🙃

So the aren’t really panniers, they are rucksacks.

• Funny 4

7 hours ago, Chris M said:

We were giving out broken biscuits to Statfold exhibitors to have with their tea. 

You're saying Warley is a cheapskate club...??!! 😱🤣

I have to agree with @steve1 - fig rolls are horrible things!! Many years ago I did like them, had them at my Nan's when I was about 5. From then on, that's the only "biscuit" she ever gave me when we visited - I ended up loathing the things!! I couldn't tell her, though...

Still on biscuits, about 10 years ago my lad was amazed to see the biscuit display in the General Store at Beamish Museum, County Durham - most of today's biscuit types were available over a Century ago. I think my lad was under the impression most of them were invented just before he was born... 🙄🤣

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Ramblin Rich said:

Is Martin Wynne a Nerf gun fan? Or are those water pistols for fending off awkward Templot queries?

The current advert for Jammie Dodgers involves Jammie Dodger fuelled little girls running about the garden trying to soak their parents using them. Granny joins in on their side...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Hroth said:

The current advert for Jammie Dodgers involves Jammie Dodger fuelled little girls running about the garden trying to soak their parents using them. Granny joins in on their side...

Thanks - I have a very good anti-TV advert method involving watching most things on catchup or streaming. The only adverts I've been subjected to recently just seem to repeat Tesco and Aldi ads...

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1