The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
On 04/07/2024 at 18:09, melmerby said:

After it's been in use for a couple of years............😄

They are very handy when they disintegrate after a few years. There are still bits of an MFI double wardrobe and dressing table in my model railway.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, Hroth said:

They are very handy when they disintegrate after a few years. There are still bits of an MFI double wardrobe and dressing table in my model railway.

Actually, they were not that bad if you assembvled them carfully, used extra PVA & replaced those plastic brackets with metal ones.

I renovated a hose a long time ago using them (as we were on a budget) & got around 15 years out of it beforee it's age started to showm.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I have seen a sign just like that but in NW Florida on US-90; they are somewhat common. probably even a spec in the MUTCD.

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

That reminds me of a service called "COLOGUARD" where you poo in a box and send the box to CG for colon cancer screening. Just think, someone has to open that box!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Can't remember if I have posted this before, but came up on my Facebook memories this morning.

3 years back, the council came along to paint this sign on the road. They also painted another at the top. The school had been closed for 15 years.

215933198_10161374115179012_8979530949004777520_n.jpg.34edfa793d0a6f0d04d10a1fea3202f7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

That reminds me of a service called "COLOGUARD" where you poo in a box and send the box to CG for colon cancer screening. Just think, someone has to open that box!

Reminds me, I have one to do!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 08/07/2024 at 00:35, DavidB-AU said:

Some are even less subtle.

image.png.8c60647215b33d4a5bb81964a2309001.png

So should drivers stop to pick them up or not? I think that if I were up against a convicted criminal, I might resort to hitchhiking to try and escape them.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

We call it "sh1t on a stick", or is that something different? Mine arrived on Christmas eve last year so I waited till boxing day. 

Edited by Stray
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

It's the only chance most of us will get to send excrement through the post to a government department and not get into trouble for it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13

14 minutes ago, PatB said:

It's the only chance most of us will get to send excrement through the post to a government department and not get into trouble for it.

My most immediate thought was the possibility of confusing the labels and sending that to HMRC while the NHS got my tax return.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PatB said:

Actually, it is a private concern.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Stray said:

We call it "sh1t on a stick", or is that something different? Mine arrived on Christmas eve last year so I waited till boxing day. 

Poo Sticks.  They have replaced the earlier Poo Postcards.

• Funny 3

Posted (edited)
On 09/07/2024 at 15:40, PatB said:

Apparently Rishi used to get 2 turds a week posted to him, always wondered who was sending the other one to him. 😜

Edited by Matt37268
  • Funny 8

8 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Actually, it is a private concern.

Well that's no fun. Here it's part of the Department of Health.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1