The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

So, you're trying to screw a hook onto the bedroom door to hang your dressing gown on. The door moves, you fall awkwardly and get a sprain. There's no ice in the freezer with which to ease the pain.

So, you order ice cube trays, a door wedge, and those stick-on hooks.

Happens all the time.

There's always a simple explanation .     😄

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, CameronL said:

ba70951ab1eb07769e20e31ca07928852673c2f2383adda18d4db6fda6e7da20.jpeg.d9fc1831d98d446865fcf8ea51cb7292.jpeg

If they offer a full service, perhaps they might transplant a Jack Russell brain into a cat.  Same desire to kill mice and rats, but trainable and less likely to leave the victims in your shoes overnight...

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I like Jackos, and cats, but I have to say that putting a Jacko brain in a cat would destroy it's catness more thoroughly than lobotomising it!  Putting a cat brain in a Jacko would result in something very odd, though!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

I like Jackos, and cats, but I have to say that putting a Jacko brain in a cat would destroy it's catness more thoroughly than lobotomising it!  Putting a cat brain in a Jacko would result in something very odd, though!

Cats are ok as a concept, and we had several family cats when I was young, including a pair of Siamese cats, one of which insisted on climbing curtains and the other trying to curl up on my fathers head like a turban. He was bald so I suppose the top of his head was reasonably warm...

Otherwise, I've always preferred dogs, our labrador was a partner in crime when it came to getting at the biscuit tin!

I think the whole point of my suggestion that a JR brain be placed in a cat was to remove the catness. Putting a cat brain in a dog would probably result in producing the sort of creature who's behaviour would be such that governments would make the "breed" illegal...

Edited by Hroth
Removal of a surplus "y"
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not a cat person, then, Hroth.  I rather like them for their very catness, that independence/bare contemptuous tolerance for humanity, a view I have some sympathy with.  They are a nice thing to have around the flat, curling up on laps (purring while you watch tv with a cuppa) or stretching on windowsills, and mine, when I had them (they had to be re-homed after a new landlord pulled the pet plug) were great fun and very good rodent control.  They had a disturbing habit of bringing me presents from outside when I was in too much of rush to clean up the mess of a Saturday morning, half a rat each that they'd played tug'o'war with on one occasion, and the most flea-ridden spadge I have ever come across on another, still alive (just, and not for long, there was only one humane way to deal with this pilgrim). 

The trick to cats, IMHO, is to have two, twice the fun; mine, Marx and Engels, were sibling brothers from the same brood and despite being very different characters (Marx was a bit of a lad, always getting into scrapes, came home once up to his fetlocks in fresh cement, Engels was the cool dude, sleek and urbane, and clearly embarrassed by his idiot brother's antics, would be caught chasing his tail as an adult and could do a completely convincing 'I didn't do it, you didn't see me, you weren't there' act) they got on famously.  Two will entertain each other while you are out, which reduces furniture scratching and curtain shredding.  They will, every so often, go nuts and chase each other around the flat up and down the walls and across the ceiling (exaggeration, but not an exaggerated one), which is huge fun!

I'd prefer a dog, all the same, more suited to my nature, just not allowed one with this landlord (he has ok-ed my fishes) and a small flat isn't the best environment for them.  I'll make do with The Squeeze for the foreseeable...

• Like 6