The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.fd574b3d24a45f2d2b79b77c01b11ca9.png

Puts me in mind of the signs I saw last year for some road works. I forget the exact message but it was something like:

"Stone chippings for 640.08 metres"

The accuracy is to be commended but sadly I believe that metric values are still not legal on road signs.

Edited by AndrueC
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AndrueC said:

Puts me in mind of the signs I saw last year for some road works. I forget the exact message but it was something like:

The accuracy is to be commended but sadly I believe that metric values are still not legal on road signs.

It would have been easier to quote 700 yards because thats  what it is.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Yeah, that was my assumption. I just thought it was bizarre that the distance was quoted to include decimal places. Not seen it since. I have this vision of a Polish worker being tasked to note the distance accurately but not being told to use yards.

Rather ironic since I saw it on my way to Rye Hill Golf club and my accuracy is certainly not worth quoting to fractions of a meter :D

Edited by AndrueC
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AndrueC said:

36 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

29 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Yeah, that was my assumption. I just thought it was bizarre that the distance was quoted to include decimal places. Not seen it since. I have this vision of a Polish worker being tasked to note the distance accurately but not being told to use yards.

Rather ironic since I saw it on my way to Rye Hill Golf club and my accuracy is certainly not worth quoting to fractions of a meter :D

Don't worry, if Rees-Mogg has his way we'll all be using cubits.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

Just now, Vistisen said:

Not sure it is so silly.

I was wondering if there was some sort of secure facility off camera to the left (like say a prison) and the lamps illuminate the open land to the left of the road. That is an awful lot of lamps placed quite close together for what is a pretty remote road.

• Like 3