The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

2 hours ago, melmerby said:

US politics can get back to what passes as normal.

Richest white guy wins? Isn't that what got them into that position last time?

As soon as the US realises nothing will change without ridding its political system of money, it'll be continue to be a corrupted faux democracy.

C6T.

• Agree 5

10 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Richest white guy wins? Isn't that what got them into that position last time?

As soon as the US realises nothing will change without ridding its political system of money, it'll be continue to be a corrupted faux democracy.

C6T.

Isn’t it the way of American politics, a war of attrition supported by the biggest bank balance!

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I don't think we're in any position to throw stones at the yanks - isn't that exactly how we're picking our next prime minister? 

...that's a "funny" at the whole situation/no position comment - and not your later "how we're picking" bit.

Kev.

(..although I "agree" with that bit!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.6a08ba1de1401cef2bf896c5684f094b.png

...the're in Sweden.

Kev.

(I just had to get one of them on the company credit card statement!)

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.ba76a53ac2850b8d8639d228b3d982dd.png

We've seen something like this before. The consensus was that it had to be very well washed during preparation...

10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.036f6b905f6dca022219164cf0ff040d.png

The washings from the preparation process?

Edited by Hroth
Minor spelin problem...
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, SHMD said:

...especially when I am driving in central Melbourne!

Kev.

You don't make 3 left turns in Melbourne to turn right - because if you try that, it will probably take at least 20 minutes off your life! Much easier and quicker to follow the rules.

Edited by kevinlms
Missing words
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

13 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.6a08ba1de1401cef2bf896c5684f094b.png

In the 60s there were 2 gents, who used to frequent the local pub, in mid-Devon and had the same surname as above.  Both were retired military, with moustaches to match.  The older one, regularly, used to sport a revolver and gun belt, when in town shopping.  He got round the regulations, of the time, as the revolver had two cylinders, for different types of cartridge.  He would have one of the cylinders in the gun and filled the belt with ammunition from the other type of ammunition.  The local Old Bill, got to know him quite well and gave up checking.

My brother worked at a local builders supplier for a while and had to make a delivery to their farm.  When he arrived, not having met them before, he thought it would be appropriate to ask for a Mr B'stard.  The immediate response was that "Bastard's the name!"

They left to go farming in Aus, a couple of years after and life was rather less lively as a result. {Well in mid-Devon, at least.}

Edited by jcredfer
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, kevinlms said:

You don't make 3 left turns in Melbourne to turn right - because if you try that, it will probably take at least 20 minutes off your life! Much easier and quicker to follow the rules.

Got one of those in Birmingham

image.png.818fa8412db832c3cf3f76deb3981e1f.png

You have to be in the know because there's no signage. (Birmingham roads are for Brummies!)

https://goo.gl/maps/HJBU7fnroYxuCRNXA 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, SHMD said:

(Now, try using the "magic roundabout!" for a fun time!!!!))

Exactly what sort of a fun time are you suggesting, sir?  I ask because Cardiff's magic roundabout, familiar to local motorists and to truckers nationwide and beyond, is a well-known spot for picking up ladies of the night (or so, it is alleged, I am told). 

images.jpg.3d5f3f26506f73be8a4313032cd50085.jpg

The road signs are art, an 'installation', but with the typical Cardiff working girls' ability to use whatever is to hand (sorry, could probably have phrased that better), they use the spaces underneath the signs to ply their trade (or so, it is alleged, I am told).  The typical Cardiff council's sense of an appropriate location is moving a secondary school to a site just across the road, though of course the real reason is to sell off the school's existing site for housing.  All good free enterprise market capitalism, from a labour council...  The working girls are to be moved on, but we've heard that before; where to? 

To orientate, the central of the office blocks in the background is 'Brunel House', and Queen Street station is just beyond it.  The camera is pointed northwest, and the concrete road bridge left midground carries the Docks Link road across the SWML.  Shadows suggest photo taken about 11am BST.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Got one of those in Birmingham

image.png.818fa8412db832c3cf3f76deb3981e1f.png

You have to be in the know because there's no signage. (Birmingham roads are for Brummies!)

https://goo.gl/maps/HJBU7fnroYxuCRNXA 

In pre-motorway days, my childhood, we would have to traverse this mess to visit rellys in Tamworth from Cardiff.  Fine running in through Edgebaston or from Tamworth on the A38, but father never managed to negotiate the centre without getting lost, and was vociferous in his opinion of signs clearly intended only for locals in the centre, through routes being ignored and complex one-way's defeating his sense of direction.  Good to see traditions being maintained.

I've always managed to get myself lost in Swansea centre unless I stick to Fabian Way/Tawe Bridge/Mumbles Road.  They have a red brick building on a corner which they move about at night to different locations in order to confuse Cardiff drivers, which is very effective and always sets me en route to Carmarthen when I want to either go up the valley to Morriston, back to Fabian Way, or to Loughor for North Gower. 

• Friendly/supportive 2