The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

On 17/06/2021 at 15:56, PhilJ W said:

My current car and its predecessor (which was replaced in the catalogue by my current car) have the indicators and windscreen wiper controls on opposite sides to each other. It took a bit of getting used to and I still sometimes mix them up.

A while ago I spent a day driving a dump truck, the hand-brake for which was on the RH side (and released by a pulling a small wire clip with little finger, rather than a thumb button). No problem applying said brake every time I got to the digger to receive a load, no problem going home in my 4x4 with a US style Umbrella Stick hand-brake, operated by L hand, going out that evening in the car (Mondeo) applied the hand-brake at the traffic lights automaticlly, lights go green, had to put on the interior light to find the hand brake to release it! I've only been driving British cars for 40+ years.    

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

On 18/06/2021 at 20:29, Enterprisingwestern said:

Pardon me, but that's rubbish, it's up to the driver to shut the f**k up and concentrate on his driving, not anybody else.

I'm sorry I crashed whilst going over the speed limit officer, the person I was talking didn't realise I was doing 120 up to a roundabout. Yeah, right!

Mike.

Hi Mike,

When driving my [white] van I talk to myself on the basis that I'm the only one I can get any sense out of, even when there is actually someone else in the van.

I have no choice but to talk to myself when I'm on my motorbike, although only by way of using the voices in my head, because steaming up the visor would be, for no other reason, total lunacy !

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

I have no choice but to talk to myself when I'm on my motorbike, although only by way of using the voices in my head, because steaming up the visor would be, for no other reason, total lunacy !

How do you know that you are actually communicating with anyone on RMWeb? It could just be the forum AI software generating responses to your posts...

[I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side...]

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

7 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

How do you know that you are actually communicating with anyone on RMWeb? It could just be the forum AI software generating responses to your posts...

[I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side...]

Hi Stephen,

Would that be in the objective, subjective or representative states of existential conscious awareness or indeed any combination thereof ?

Was Marvin a precursor of transhumanism, I wonder ?

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

I doubt any of them ( and many, many others) have got 'qualifications' in those fields, but would we doubt their expertise?

Perhaps some enterprising westerners might lol ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Was Marvin a precursor of transhumanism

A suggestion that he would resent, I suspect!

6 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Vogon  poetry? ;)

It underlines the counterpoint of the subliminal metaphor...

Appalling stuff! Even the Critters couldn't digest it....

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

As much as I like babies, I couldn't eat a whole one,

You wouldn't have to. On the specials board of a Torquay restaurant, many years ago:

FILLET OF BABY

JOHN DORY

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Spotted on the way to the tip the other day - unfortunately couldn't stop to take a photo

Council sign: Caution - Road liable to flooding 

Homemade sign underneath: Scuba diving lessons <-

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 5