The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

I think you'll find that's the air intake...

2nd fart on the rear end to the left of the numberplate. Close enough to where you’d expect an exhaust pipe for comedy purposes, even if you can’t see where the actual exhaust is. 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

That gate looks old enough that Henry VIII might have used it! :jester:

Given the age, that will be 10 new sets of pickets, 8 sets of rails, 6 of posts & 5 sets of hinges.

They don't make fences like they used to!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 27/02/2021 at 15:47, Bernard Lamb said:

DSC_0184.JPG.23f0e83bce9834fed495f97cf6782063.JPG

The thing that amuses me is that D W gets most annoyed when people pronounce her name "Warrick" as in the English  pronunciation and not War - Wick, the US way.

Especially odd as it was spelt "Warrick" on her birth certificate!:scratchhead:

Edited by melmerby
missing "t"s
  • Like 3

On 12/03/2021 at 21:47, Enterprisingwestern said:

I say a little prayer?

Is the tea that bad?

19 hours ago, 62613 said:

Walk on by!

14 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Sometimes, I wonder why I bother!!

Agreed. I have long known the way to San Jose.

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.6aad44205444d8cb3fb0c487924d5fef.png

Reminds me of my student days.  One of housemates was entrusted to look after his sister's car whilst she was away.  Given her driving record, he considered it appropriate to stencil two rabbits on the car door.  Fortunately, she was a couple of hundred miles away before she noticed.

Adrian

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.6aad44205444d8cb3fb0c487924d5fef.png

In the very hot and dry summer of 1976, at which time I was a guard on the Cardff Valleys trains, the frequent grass fires on the mountains and general dryness of the grass meant that the local sheepses, never particularly deferential to concepts like trespass and getting where they shouldn't at the best of times, took to the valley floors in large numbers.  The result of this wa an increase in the number killed by trains.  Most animals, if they wander onto railway lines, react to a horn being blown at them by scarpering off to the side, but sheepses are spectacularly stupid (any sheep farmer will tell you that they are bags of wool looking for new ways to die) and reason that the best way to deal with the situation is to run away from the noise.  The dmu may be doing anything up to 70mph and a sheep in good nick can probably average 15mph, 20 tops, on the sleepers.  The result, sadly, is inevitable, but the daft things will turn aside to safety at the last second, then turn around to check, at which point they are brained by the cab steps, and go all stiff, rolling down the bank with their legs snapping.

Now, many of the regular passengers have a particular Valleys sensitivity to this, and began awarding us points for style and the messiness of the dispatch.  A few of us responed to this by chalking the victims on the cab doors as confirmed or unconfirmed kills, fighter ace style.  I was called into the office over this, as were several of us, as it was considered bad taste by the 'nice' passengers from Penarth or Dinas Powys.  Some folks don' got no sense of humour...

The local sheep farmers were in the habit of putting any dead members of their flocks on the tracks for trains to run over them so that they could claim compo from the railway, so the drivers had to report hitting the animals. 

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 9