The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jcm@gwr said:

That's the sort of warning sign needed outside exhibitions,

Rucksacks Wearers!

Exhibitions, oh exhibitions.....

When will we see their like again?  One positive thing is that social distancing will prevent the egregious bad-breathed, unwashed, rucksack wearers from coming too close!

And just in case, carry a big Social Distancing Stick!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Hroth said:

.... One positive thing is that social distancing will prevent the egregious bad-breathed, unwashed, rucksack wearers from coming too close!........ 

Wishful thinking, but I doubt very much they will keep to social distancing principles - sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Hi Folks,

I was looking at my Tarot cards just the other day and it occurred to me that the Sun Card shews the Sun's Corona the number 19, and a rider on a pale horse, which as you may know signifies death. At a stretch it may even be said to have the red banner of the Chinese Communist Party.

I'm not sure if this is a [Wacky] Sign or some sort of a Revelation. 

You decide !

1344506867_DSCF12511.JPG.2f2270ba0bca7874bca790d6e7f54db6.JPG

Gibbo.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

The wines are better, especially Hunter Valley. Getting there is a good excuse to travel on the double decker trains from Sydney and back.

Must agree with you about Hunter Valley wines. I first came across them in bicentennial year, when I was in Oz for a conference, and the following week some of us did a "winery crawl" coach trip up the Hunter Valley. For some reason, they seem to be more expensive here in the UK (when you can find them) than most other Australian wines, but that's probably because they taste better than other Australian wines.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Budgie said:

...snip... but that's probably because they taste better than other Australian wines.

Don't get me started on Yellowtail; they must ship it all here as the Aussies do not drink it!  :biggrin_mini: At least they use the proper end of the 'roo, both the color and source! :yahoo_mini:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 10/12/2020 at 08:39, Enterprisingwestern said:

Impossible.

Australian beer is an oxymoron.

Mike.

There are some superb beers in Australia. We only get imitations over here.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1