The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The White Rabbit said:

Something like:

Sunday Circles.jpg

For some reason I see  a group of older people on mobilty scooters coralled in the middle lashing out with their brolleys whilst the trolleys slowly circle around them:jester:

the-attack-upon-the-train.jpg?w=640

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, melmerby said:

For some reason I see  a group of older people on mobilty scooters coralled in the middle lashing out with their brolleys whilst the trolleys slowly circle around them:jester:

the-attack-upon-the-train.jpg?w=640

At this point, the covers come off the Conestoga wagons, to reveal the Gatling guns....

• Funny 2

On 10/07/2020 at 23:34, PaulRhB said:

Surely he just needs to Hoot the horn to stop it? :mosking:

Or reduce the service to three days a week :lol:

So the bus will only operate on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

• RMweb Gold
On 13/07/2020 at 10:37, The Johnster said:

You could improve the appearance if your nearest duckpond with it!

No, no, and thrice no...... Merely scrapping said trolley is a waste. What can you use it for? After all, I paid (D'yer hear me? Paid) a pound for this trolley, I want my moneys worth!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

And quite right too!  I have recently adopted a small Lidl trolley found abandoned on the street and intend to use it for skip raiding, two somewhat dodgy operations combined.  I am building a decent collection of burning wood for my fire basket, and need a sawing session to get things down to size before another raid!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

And quite right too!  I have recently adopted a small Lidl trolley found abandoned on the street and intend to use it for skip raiding, two somewhat dodgy operations combined.  I am building a decent collection of burning wood for my fire basket, and need a sawing session to get things down to size before another raid!

Blimey, the things that go on in Cardiff's nether regions!

Mike.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Oh Johnster,

My illusion is shattered !!!

I thought you were a refined Gentleman, well read and eruditely educated in all matters both ancient Welsh and ancient Briton.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

On a slight aside, the recent toilet paper pandemic meant that Aldi & Lidl dispensed with the pound coin arrangement. However, now the situation seems to have 'passed' the pound coin lock has returned. 

However..... Muggins went to the shops, didn't he? And, he had a great big list, didn't he? And, he even took the bags, didn't he? How the Blue Blazes was I supposed to know they had re-introduced the trolley lock?

"Harumph, Harumph, letter to the Times, 5 minute slot on BBC R4, never in my day..... Harumph, Harumph...."

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, martin_wynne said:

I keep an old-style round £1 coin in the car for such trolleys. They work just as well as the new ones.

Martin.

Some also take Euros and some supermarkets issue plastic tokens.

I usually have a selection of suitable objects to hand.

Bernard 

• Like 2