The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

No, any bike will go down it, see Newton’s First Law.  Not every bike will be rideable afterwards though, and not all mountain bike riders will be in a serviceable condition either.   

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 3
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Gibbo, you're weird.  

Nonetheless this is quality stuff!

My Dear Johnster,

It would appear that you have somewhat shot the messenger in your above post for all I did was point at something that both contains "signs" and is indeed whacky, that does not necessarily make me weird.

For instance, should you point at a Class 37 it does not make you English Electric despite the fact you are Welsh !

What would be weird however would be that I might tell you that I watched the whole thing on freeze frame and noted all of the occulted symbolism contained within, if so, then fair comment. That I haven't actually told you anything of the sort then all I have done is to illustrated a point, despite everyone now assuming that I have possibly alluded to doing so yet without actual admission of such.

The recognition of madness even within oneself is the true path to sanity, that's my explanation and I'm sticking to it.

Gibbo.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, raymw said:

The first sign of madness is ginger hairs on the back of your hands.

9 hours ago, raymw said:

the second sign is looking for 'em.

I stick at stage one then, I don’t look for them as a result, they just are!

• Like 1

Subject: Georgia State Police

These are actual comments made by Georgia State Troopers that were taken off their car videos:

1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through."

2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while."

3. "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document." (My Favorite)

4. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

5. "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the speed of the bullet that will be chasing you." (LOVE IT)

6. "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"

7. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"

8. "Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

9. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

10. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey poop."

11. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

12. "In God we trust; all others we run through NCIC." ( National Crime Information Center )

13. "Just how big were those 'two beers' you say you had?"

14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

15. "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

AND THE WINNER IS....

16. "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't. Sign here."

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

Lovely.  In similar vein, conversation between me and woman in Tesco some years ago who wanted to go in front of me because she only had 20 items at the 5 item till and her daughter was off getting more. 

'If you were a gentleman you'd let me go before you'

'If you were a lady I'd consider it'

'Really! I've never been so insulted in all my life'

'Aw, c'mon, you must have been'

'I'm warning you, my husband's a cage fighter'

'He'd have to be, wouldn't he.  Does the cage win sometimes; he must be a bit of a loser to end up with you!.'

Checkout girl 'Madam, would you mind moving to another checkout, this is for 5 items or less'

I was rather proud of that.

• Like 4
  • Funny 14

19 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Checkout girl 'Madam, would you mind moving to another checkout, this is for 5 items or less'

Fewer surely as if the items were uncountable how would the checkout girl know that there were too many?

On 23/04/2020 at 17:34, The Johnster said:

I had a similar experience at my local Tesco. The checkout operator had to ask the person in front of me to go to another checkout as the checkout was the handbasket-only one. "You know, the ones without wheels..."

Edited by talisman56
spelling and digital dyslexia
  • Like 6
  • Agree 2