The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

11 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

Then there are railway stations named after places that they are nowhere near!

And also phantom stops on scheduled services. At least Northern's on-board and platform indicators seem to be using the same source of data:

1300864824_ESJ1.jpg.0af6fe293abe8cca1fc8e10828c5b0e7.jpg

ESJ2.jpg.295e9f90909aba57ed2949f26aa39440.jpg

Perhaps it's just formalising the inevitable signal stop on the Leeds approaches?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

We seem to be wandering way off of topic. Perhaps the odd place names should have their own thread?

Hi Phil,

I am going to be a complete........

Twatt Orkney - who or where?

............and post this !!!!!

Gibbo.

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Tiddlywinks is a contact sport. The best sport for the current conditions is Bridge, which, because there is no physical or verbal contact between the players, is ideally suited to playing on-line.

Shewing ones pedigree there Stephen !

Gibbo.

On 29/03/2020 at 22:17, Compound2632 said:

Tiddlywinks is a contact sport. The best sport for the current conditions is Bridge, which, because there is no physical or verbal contact between the players, is ideally suited to playing on-line.

Er what about the bidding? I don't recall us typing/writing/miming the bids when I was playing. although I guess typing would suffice if no audio possible on-line...

Although if playing against Americans I would have to resist making each bid No-Trump...

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Titan said:

Er what about the bidding? I don't recall us typing/writing/miming the bids when I was playing. although I guess typing would suffice if no audio possible on-line...

At the level my son plays at, bidding is done by placing bidding cards on the table - so no speaking. Online, one clicks on buttons for first the number, then the suit.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/03/2020 at 22:17, Compound2632 said:

In theory, it should work well. In practice, not so easy. I was never a good player and have not played at all for many years. But some of the bidding and play by the virtual players on BBO is very strange indeed.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...